We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a week in miami

Level Contributor
2,390 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
a week in miami

i ve so many good trips w the help from all of u here in trip advisor n i hope u can help me with miami.

I ve a package holiday from orlando for 8 days taking in 3 nights orlando, 2 nights daytona n 2 nights crusing to bahamas.

when we finish this package will have 7 days left which i hope to spend in miami taking in the florida keys. however i need to go back to orlando to fly bk home.

will have to drive from orlando to miami etc.

Pls help me w an itinery for the 7 nights. which will be from 9/11 to 15 nov. I am interested in sightseeing, not beaches, sea sport, loves driving round.

thks very much

regds yap

Special Offer
Miami to Key West Day Trip Tour With...
384 Reviews
from US$65.00*
Little Havana Food and Walking Tour
199 Reviews
from US$58.99*
Miami Speedboat Tour
54 Reviews
from US$38.00*
City Half Day Tour of Miami by Bus...
34 Reviews
from US$29.99*
Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
69 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a week in miami

Hi Yap,

Will you have a car while in Miami?

There are many sights to see between Miami and the FL Keys.

I recommend taking a sightseeing tour, a cruise around Biscayne Bay, take a trip to the FL everglades, take a jet ski tour, rent some bikes for a day, and then either drive to the FL Keys while taking your time to get there, or take a bus.

There are also options available for transport from Key West to Orlando.

Level Contributor
2,390 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a week in miami

Thanks for yr quick reply. yes we will have a car in miami. the cruise n driving is what i will be interested in. where will i pick up the cruise n can u think abt a nive budget place to stay bet. miami n florida keys.

Destination Expert
for Miami, Key Largo
Level Contributor
3,753 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: a week in miami

I'm glad you are getting a chance to see parts of Florida outside of Orlando!

Since you say you like to drive, here's what I would do -

Day 1 - drive to Florida City (abt 4 hours) and visit the Everglades. Directions are here.

Find lodging in Key Largo or Tavernier. Maybe look at the Ramada Inn/Holiday Inn complex in Key Largo for this night.

Day 2 - morning snorkel trip and then off to Key West

Stop and feed the tarpon along the way.

Days 3 -5 - Key West

Day 6 - back to the Upper Keys - maybe an afternoon kayak trip?

Day 7 - drive to Orlando.

Level Contributor
2,390 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: a week in miami

thanks so much keymom for all yr suggestions, will follow yr intinery n look into the hotel u suggest. can u pls suggest a place to stay in key west pls. n i hope u wont mind me asking u ore questions after i look at the hotels

thks again regds

5. Re: a week in miami

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2010, 00:17