We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miami - good for kids??

London, United...
5 posts
Miami - good for kids??

Hi,

We are planning a last minute getaway with our two small children (aged 4 and 1) and have always wanted to visit Miami and thought now would be the perfect time - however we have been advised by friends to give Miami a miss as "it's not right good for kids" - is this true?? Is there much to do here as a family? Would really appreciate some advice!

Thanks

Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
405 Reviews
from US$49.99*
US$75.00
Best Seller
Speedboat Sightseeing Tour of Miami
203 Reviews
from US$38.00*
NY
Level Contributor
796 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Miami - good for kids??

There is no issue. We have taken our daughter to the Delano several times, starting at about 1. She is now 4. She always enjoyed it. Most times there were other kids staying there as well, mostly european famillies.

I also hear from friends that the Ritz Carlton has a great kid's club, for those who like to rely on this sort of thing.

The only thing to think about is whether your kids can handle restaurant meals, as most hotels don't have cooking facilities. But you can look at condo alternatives if you would rather prepare your own meals.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,777 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Miami - good for kids??

so>

Crazy talk!!!

Can't imagine why our city wouldn't be good for kids!

http://tinyurl.com/KIDS-IDEAS

Stay on Ocean Drive - the Lowes is a fabulous hotel for families... giant pool right on the beach. Lots of casual restaurants and bars nearby...

My guide www.tinyurl.com/SOBE-AG

Take the tots to nearby Jungle Island to see the tropical animals and birds.

www.jungleisland.com/

Enjoy!

AG

Edited: 01 March 2011, 17:51
Miami, FL
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Miami - good for kids??

What??? Kids love it here! I haven't met a kid yet that wants to leave the beach before I do.

If you tire of South Beach (doubtful) or want a change of pace- take a short ride over to Bill Baggs State park in Key Biscayne. A lagoon style beach awaits, you can rent bikes and explore the trails, try a little shallow water fishing. A lighthouse is also located there with tours twice daily to take you to the top. Kayaking is also very popular here because there are almost no waves.

You could also explore the Everglades and see gators!

Lots to do and see, these posts haven't even scratched the surface.

Yogi

Florida
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: Miami - good for kids??

Maybe the comment means that a visit to Miami with kids is different from a vist to Miami without kids. But I suspect you aren't out clubbing most nights now that you have the kiddos. So pack 'em up and come vist - you can all have a great time.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,777 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Miami - good for kids??

so>

loewshotels.com/en/…kids

Fun ideas!

AG

London, United...
5 posts
6. Re: Miami - good for kids??

thanks to all, you've convinced me!!!

Miami
Level Contributor
114 posts
7. Re: Miami - good for kids??

Definitely bring your kids. I used to visit my grandparents here when I was a young person and have the BEST memories! I don't know when you are coming but my only word of caution is we currently do have some man-of-war/jelly fish in the ocean which should be clearing out very soon.

8. Re: Miami - good for kids??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 16:17