We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to travel to South Beach?

Los Angeles
2 posts
Save Topic
Best time to travel to South Beach?

I have been to South Beach 1 time and that was August of last year, exactly when 2 hurricanes were on there way. Fortunately I had great weather the entire time, no rain at all. What is the best time (months) to travel to Miami Beach?

Columbus, OH
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to travel to South Beach?

Well, I have been to South Beach several times in the past year and a half. Twice in September, also in January, February, and May (I am also going later this month). If you miss the hurricanes in the fall, it is a great time to go, but the weather is unpredictable. I think that May was my favorite time of year there so far...it was warm, but not too humid yet. January and February were nice and sunny, but not as warm as I'd like it to be for hanging out at the beach or pool. No matter what time of year you go, there are always tons of things to do so you should have a good time.

Los Angeles
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to travel to South Beach?

Thank you for your reply. I just want to find the best time to book a trip when it is going to be hot & sunny (I don't even mind the humidity)

charlotte
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to travel to South Beach?

April through mid-May is the best time to go. Winter can get a bit cool and windy and the water is too cool for many people. Later in May it starts getting much more humid and a good chance of thunderstorms. Fall can also be very nice, unless you are unfortunate enough to go when a tropical storm or hurricane is around. But typically that is not the case.

South Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time to travel to South Beach?

Hey Salsadiva,

If you'd like to avoid Spring Breakers, don't plan a trip in March or April. May and June are nice (right before Hurricane season which is most active in July and August). That's if you're looking to come in the summer time. October, November and December are nice too.

Hope it helps, let me know if you need more info. Hope you thoroughly enjoyed yourself last year in our wonderful city.

USA
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time to travel to South Beach?

May is the best but avoid Memorial Day Weekend. The locals clear the beach due to "Urban Beach Week" which has a million hip hop rapper like people.

canada
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best time to travel to South Beach?

is going to miami beach in june a good idea, or a bad idea. HELP! i keep hearing that it rains alot in june.

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,532 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best time to travel to South Beach?

Hi brittany26,

Rain in June tends to be short-lived tropical showers. People see a rain forecast for Miami and think of their own rainy weather, not realizing that daily showers are the norm in the tropical months. A typical shower lasts 20 or 30 minutes.

June is a fine month, before the real threat of a hurricane and hot and sunny most of the time. Dry and cool weather is in January and February. Warmer dry weather is during the peak spring season into May. June is best for hot, sunny and a tropical shower for 20 minutes or so. The peak hurricane/tropical storm season is later in the summer, and then rain can stick around for a day or more.

canada
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best time to travel to South Beach?

oh really?? thats great news! thank you so much!

i guess im heading to miami now!

philly
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Best time to travel to South Beach?

I'm planning to go to miami in mid september. Is that a good time to go? I think it's the end of hurricane season

Miami
Level Contributor
186 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best time to travel to South Beach?

all thru november. its crazy. u just never know. this is chart of all the ones from last year. the first one was in may and the last one was in november.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/tracks/2008atl.jpg

cheers!