We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miami Airport to South Beach with toddler

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Miami Airport to South Beach with toddler

Hi

Planning a trip to Miami in May. We'll have our 2 year old with us and no car seat.

Just wondered what was the best option to travel from Miami Airport to South Beach? I thought taxi at first but I guess they won't have a car seat and won't take us without...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
6,921 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Miami Airport to South Beach with toddler

I am not sure about the best option. You could rent a car and I think they can provide a child seat at extra cost (?) Another option is the #150 "airport flyer" express bus from the airport to south beach. Child seats are not required in buses. They have ample room for luggage but you have to lift it yourself. More info:

…miami-dade.fl.us/transit/routes_detail.asp…

Re. taxi, I think child seats are required. The rules may be different fior children under 3, maybe someone with more information will comment.

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Miami Airport to South Beach with toddler

You could rent one, but I have been convinced lately by my child's physician it is best the child travel on the airplane in a car seat.

I don't know how it works in the UK, but US flights will permit a child seat bearing an FAA (your CAA) sticker. Outside of that you can gate check a car seat and it won't go against your bag limit (again- this is how it works in the US). If you go that route carefully bag/protect your seat.

A taxi will allow you to install the car seat, but he will run the wait meter which is will add a couple dollars to the fare.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Miami Airport to South Beach with toddler

Thank you! I don't think we can't take our car seat with us as it is massive (and only staying in Miami for a day) before taking a connecting flight. Best option is probably the airport flyer then. I suppose we'll have to deal with it once we get there! But thanks anyway, that's quite helpful.

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Miami Airport to South Beach with toddler

I know what you mean, I have a Safety First Air 65, I swear this thing is modeled after a Fighter Jet's Pilot seat it is ----HUGE---- surprisingly it fits better in an economy airline seat than in a subcompact car.

You didn't mention the connecting flight. These guys rent equipment, I haven't tried them but they have been mentioned in a couple of the local parent's magazines. Maybe this is an option for you

http://www.babytravelcompany.com/home.html

familyrentals.com/browse-items/high-chairs-c…

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Miami Airport to South Beach with toddler

Thank you. Yes the car seat is huge and way too heavy to take with us. Think will take the airport shuttle then in the end or ask the hotel to arrange transfer and organising a car seat for us.

6. Re: Miami Airport to South Beach with toddler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 22:43