We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve 2012

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1 post
40 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Eve 2012

Hi--My husband and I are visiting Miami over New Year's, staying in the Dadeland Mall area. I am looking into the Metrorail so we can get to/from downtown Miami safely.

Does anyone have any recommendations for parties or places to go to celebrate New Year's Eve for a couple of 30-somethings? I'm not even sure where to begin my search or if there are any online newspapers or listings that would help me find this info. We're open to pretty much anything, though we aren't concerned about the trendiness factor.

If worse comes to worse, we'll celebrate at midnight on the beach, and that would by far not be the worst thing I could imagine. :)

Thanks for any help and suggestions!

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve 2012

Try this...

southbeach-usa.com/scene/…new-years-eve.htm

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,588 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve 2012

sue>

Downtown Miami has no beach but getting there and back from Dadeland is pretty easy if you have no car...

Hop on the train to Downtown and transfer to the metromover if you want to attend the fireworks celebration at Bayfront Park. If you're up for a nice dinner, check prices (and see where there are still reservations available via opentable.com) at Tuyo, Zuma, Area 31, db Bistro Moderne, or Capital Grill.

Al of these places are close enough to walk & then get back to see the fireworks in the park...

Fireworks go off at midnight and you can move on to the all night honky tonk Tobacco Road or you can retrace your route quickly back to Dadeland or jump into a taxi home!

Have fun!

AG

Edited: 27 December 2012, 12:57
m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
6,267 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve 2012

Here are some links with more suggestions for NYE 2013:

voiceplaces.com/new-years-eve-2013-miami-344…

…miaminewtimes.com/shortorder/2012/12/new_ye…

4. Re: New Year's Eve 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2013, 05:16