We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miami weather in December

New Jersey
2 posts
Save Topic
Miami weather in December

Hi. I have never been to Florida in December and am planning a trip for Miami for Dec 1 - Dec 4 and I am very skeptical about going because I am not sure what the weather will be like. Can someone please tell me how the weather is in December for that time that I am going. Thanks!!!

Best Seller
Miami Speedboat Tour with Star...
168 Reviews
from US$38.00*
Special Offer
Miami to Key West Day Trip Tour With...
398 Reviews
from US$49.99*
US$75.00
Miami to Key West Day Trip with...
31 Reviews
from US$39.00*
miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,645 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Miami weather in December

capreemcr>

One word comes to mind - PERFECT.

It is sunny and bright - low to no humidity. You can tan, you can swim, you can wear shorts... The best weather in South Fla is mid-November through Late March.

You're visiting the week after Thanksgiving. Most Thanksgivings, my family FINALLY gets to eat outside. We set up a huge feast in the back yard and spend all of our time outside like the rest of the world does all summer long!

Summertime in the backyards of Miami is hot, rainy, humid, and - my worst nightmare - mosquito-y!!! We spray Yard Guard and burn those mosquito coils and use OFF spray and that is NOT a picnic!

So we end up throwing meat on the BBQ and rushing back into the A/C. Then dip out every few minutes to see if it's done. Then we eat by a picture window and admire the garden in the safe "bubble" of our 72 degree A/C...

It's completely silly!

December evenings are a dream. Cool and clear and BBQ weather. I have spent many a Christmas Day in a swimsuit.

Don't hesitate. You'll love it.

AG

New Jersey
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Miami weather in December

Thanks!!!!! Do you know what the temperature is about around that time?

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,645 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Miami weather in December

capreemcr>

Sure!

Thursday Dec 1, 2005 - the high was 74 degrees (19 C). The average for that date was 79 (26C) and the record was 87 (30C)... average humidity was 56% and BEST OF ALL - 0 inches precipitation (that's rain...) with an average of .09 inches.

That leaves the margin for a suntan at - 100%.

You can consult an online almanac for any weather info.

I like www.wunderground.com

Depending upon your personal fashion and comfort, I'd suggest a light sweater or jacket for the evening. Restaurants here keep the A/C on full blast year round. Temps in the evenngs in December get all the way down to the SIXTIES!!

Yow! Sweater weather!

AG

springfield NJ
Level Contributor
236 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Miami weather in December

I'm planning on visiting miami..dec 26-Jan 1st! It's nice to know I can wear skirts this December!!:)

Monterrey
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Miami weather in December

Hello im planning a trip to west palm beach and miami on december 26 to january 3, how the weather is on that time??

i appreciate a lot your advice

Monterrey
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Miami weather in December

Hello, im planning a trip to visit my sis on west palm beach and miami from december 25 to january 4, how the weather is on that time? is it nice? I appreciate a lot your advice..

thanks

springfield NJ
Level Contributor
236 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Miami weather in December

The weather is nice. IT's not hot enough to swim in the Ocean. You need a light sweater/jacket in the evenings.

Chevreuse, France
Level Contributor
5 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Miami weather in December

go to this excellent website:

weather2travel.com

Holmdel, NJ
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Miami weather in December

I think its warm enough to go in the ocean anytime of the year in Miami, At least for me but I am a NJ boy.

10. Re: Miami weather in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 07:18