We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far from Ft. Lauderdale Airport to South Beach?

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bronx, New York
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How far from Ft. Lauderdale Airport to South Beach?

Hey, Guys,

I just wanted to get an idea from FLL to South Beach (11th and Washington). I usually fly into MIA, so Ft. Lauderdale will be my first time touching down. Thanks.

Trenton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
206 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How far from Ft. Lauderdale Airport to South Beach?

einnod,

I guess the best answer is, it depends...what day of the week are you arriving at FLL, and what time of day? If you're flying in on a weekend, figure somewhere between an hour and an hour and a half to SoBe, assuming you're driving and taking 95 and the MacArthur Causeway. If you're traveling during the week any time around rush hour, all bets are off.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Miami Beach
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far from Ft. Lauderdale Airport to South Beach?

Taking a typical route (interstate and such), it's 28 miles (and some feet). Traveling speedlimit speeds (not rush hour), should be around 40 minutes or so. That's with few red lights.

3. Re: How far from Ft. Lauderdale Airport to South Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 10:19