We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is a pool without a lanai ok?

Scotland
Level Contributor
158 posts
75 reviews
Is a pool without a lanai ok?

Hi, is there a big issue if I chose a property for our holiday without a lanai? Pool is s good size but I'm anxious will it be a bad decision?

Thanks

Dawn

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,569 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Is a pool without a lanai ok?

Do you mean without a cage? Our pool has a cage, it's nice not to have to deal with mosquitos, though sand flies can get through. It's also nice not to have 'stuff' falling in the pool.

For a vacation, though, I don't think it would be a deal breaker for me.

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,619 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Is a pool without a lanai ok?

I prefer having one myself, but as stated above, that alone wouldn't be a deal breaker in my opinion.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
38,185 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Is a pool without a lanai ok?

I can't imagine having a pool without a cage. Bugs, detritus (incluing critters) in the pool, and the slight sun protection offered by the screening (about a 10SPF) mean that not having a cage would be a major dealbreaker for me.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
50,158 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Is a pool without a lanai ok?

A Lanai is not a pool cage. Try to be more specific?

I would not rent a pool home w/o a cage.

Scotland
Level Contributor
158 posts
75 reviews
5. Re: Is a pool without a lanai ok?

Thanks all. I meant a cage but had referred to lanai from reading property reviews.

I've booked one with a cage just now so appreciate thoughts

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
23 reviews
6. Re: Is a pool without a lanai ok?

To the OP - I rent every year in Bradenton and Anna Maria Island - with the former property a Pool Cage is a must have for us as the property backs on to a woodland on a golf course community, but out at the coast on AMI, the properties we have rented didn't and don't have pool cages, Are they in all honesty a must have and will they be a deal breaker for your vacation ? I suspect not if I'm honest albeit if there are woodlands or vegetation nearby, the bugs are definitely kept much more in check with the cage in situ.

Scotland
Level Contributor
158 posts
75 reviews
7. Re: Is a pool without a lanai ok?

Thanks

Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
114 reviews
8. Re: Is a pool without a lanai ok?

Dawn, to be clear, a lanai is the porch or balcony of the property and is typically roof-covered. It's a Hawaiian term that is popular in Florida as well.

Scotland
Level Contributor
158 posts
75 reviews
9. Re: Is a pool without a lanai ok?

Thanks all I think I'm nice and clear now :)

10. Re: Is a pool without a lanai ok?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2018, 01:17