We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving from Tampa to Naples

Boulder, CO
1 post
2 reviews
driving from Tampa to Naples

I am considering driving from Tampa to Naples (as I can't get a decent flight into Ft. Myers). Would any suggest flying into another city; Ft.Lauderdale and then driving to Naples?

How long from Tampa?

Naples, Fl
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: driving from Tampa to Naples

Lauderdale to Naples is a bit Shorter. look at the arrival times for each airport, pick the one that is not during rush hour. 4-6pm There is an airport at Sarasota/bradenton as well, but if Ft. Myers is not cheep that airport could be more.

Indian Shores...
Level Contributor
710 posts
63 reviews
2. Re: driving from Tampa to Naples

Naples is approx. 2-1/2 to 3 hours from Tampa. I think Ft. Lauderdale would be a better choice...definitely closer and faster.

Naples, Fl
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: driving from Tampa to Naples

Oh time wise to Naples Tampa 2 hrs, lauderdale 1.5 hrs

rochester, ny
Level Contributor
116 posts
57 reviews
4. Re: driving from Tampa to Naples

Ft Lauderdale is a much better choice. We live winters in Naples and pick folks up in Lauderdale all the time. Also, think about spending the day in Ft Lauderdale. It's a beautiful place with lots to do - shopping, dining & beach. Drive to Naples is very easy with no traffic.

5. Re: driving from Tampa to Naples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 21:16
Get answers to your questions about Naples
Recent Conversations