We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March break

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
March break

Bringing the family down for a week in March break. Two teenage boys, my wife and myself. What are the must see things other than the pier, the beaches and Tin City?

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,591 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: March break

If you can handle an hour's drive . . . THE EVERGLADES!!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: March break

I was thinking more local than the Glades. We're going to Tampa for a Lightning game on the Thursday and we'll do a day trip to Miami.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: March break

Wow - a day in Miami and a day in Tampa - you guys are going to be pretty busy just driving! If you are already driving to Miami anyway, might want to stop at Shark Valley (in the Everglades)

Sun-n-Fun Lagoon Waterpark - Naples

http://www.napleswaterpark.com/

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: March break

Sun -N-Fun was on my list of possibilities. Would Marco Island be a place the boys would enjoy? As you can tell, I don't mind some driving, although Tampa is a stretch but its only cuz a friend is related to one of the Lightning players.

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,591 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: March break

Our family LOVES Marco Island, but there is not a lot to do for a couple of teenage boys. It is a beautiful, small island with lots of canals running behind the roadways. There are some nice beaches, but nothing you wouldn't see at Naples (in fact, as much as we prefer Marco, we like the Naples beaches better). I think you and your wife would probably enjoy the laid back atmosphere of Marco, but the boys might not see the allure! However, it is about 30 minutes away, so if you get bored . . . take a trip!!

There IS a nice movie theater on the island (in case you have a rainy day). They serve food and drinks to you while you watch - kinda cool! There is also a free community center where the boys could play pool and air hockey. These may entice the boys to try something new.:)

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: March break

Thanks for the tips. I might drag the boys to Marco anyway. I know they're dragging me to Florida Motorsports to buy MX gear!

NJ
Level Contributor
21 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: March break

Airboat ride! Get up close and personal with alligators in their natural habitat, very fun ride, kind of on the edge of your seat at times, even teenage boys will be pretty impressed. Not too far from downtown Naples - drive isn't bad.

www.cbairboatrides.com/

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: March break

IMHO would skip Tin City and instead do Everglades and Marco Island -

9. Re: March break

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2013, 05:28