We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for Babymoon

New York City, New...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel for Babymoon

My husband and I are planning a trip before we have our fist child. I will be five months pregnant, so we are really just looking for a place to relax by the pool and/or beach and enjoy some good meals. Is Naples a good idea? If so which hotel do you reccomend? We are looking at the Ritz or the Waldorf. Is the beach difficult to get to from the Waldorf? We were possibly also thinking of Captiva/Sanibel. Any preferences between the two?

Thank you!!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for Babymoon

First, congrats of the baby!

The Waldorf (formally the Naples Grande), will require you to take a tram along the boardwalk about 3/4 mile to the beach because mangroves separate the hotel from the beach. The pool in my opinion is overcrowded. The other Waldorf (formally the Edgewater Hotel is a smaller hotel directly on the beach but the pool is tiny. The Ritz is nice but for beach front hotels I like La Playa. It is more intimate, has a great tropical pool, a great restaurant, Baleens, one of very few beach front restaurants in Naples and is more intimate to me. Naples Beach Hotel was recently renovated, has an adult pool and an outdoor restaurant as well.

Can't say much about Captiva/Sanibel. Been there once in 25 years of owning in Naples.

Hope this helps!

woodbridge,va
Level Contributor
621 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for Babymoon

We did the same thing and as you and stayed at La Playa and it was great-very relaxing, romantic and pampering-just the perfect place for a babymoon! There are never too many kids there as there are at the Rtiz Carlton which is also much larger and quite kid friendly. We like LaPlaya better as it's very tropical but still luxurious and we've always had great service-nothing better than laying on a comfy beach chaise or by the pool and putting up your little flag for service for drinks and food brought right to you-this is the time to indulge , while you still can-Enjoy!

New York City, New...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for Babymoon

suzen06 and mama924 - thanks so much for the info! We are currently deciding between the Ritz and La Playa. From a bunch of reviews it seems that the ritz might have a lot of kids - which we might be thankful for next year, but on this trip, we still want to enjoy being kid-free. But we still want to enjoy top-notch service and facilities. Do you feel we will get this at La Playa?

Thanks again!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for Babymoon

Yes, you will get exceptional service at LaPlaya. It is much more intimate without being too small and think ideal for what you are looking for. Enjoy!

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for Babymoon

check out Pink Shell on Ft. Myers Beach, Pool, Restaurants and a Spa! Have Fun.Congratulations.

Edited: 26 February 2012, 22:00
New York City, New...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel for Babymoon

Great, thanks! Is there a particular room type or room location that you recommend at La Playa?

Edited: 26 February 2012, 22:27
7. Re: Hotel for Babymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Naples