We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel location?

scotland
Level Contributor
460 posts
135 reviews
Hotel location?

We are looking at Hotel Bellasera for 2 nights post Key West. Reviews are very good . Only concern is the location. We don't know Naples at all Will location be suitable for getting around? How far from ocean?

Work, Beach or...
Level Contributor
2,811 posts
1. Re: Hotel location?

It's right off Route 41 which is a main road, but set back far enough that you won't notice. It's a pretty good location in terms of proximity to lots of things - the beach, downtown, shops, bars and restaurants within walking distance, etc. To make the most of Naples, it helps to have a car (though I think they have a free shuttle service within limited range). Check out the Trianon as well - it's also off the beach but within walking distance to several areas.

Kent
Level Contributor
7,433 posts
80 reviews
2. Re: Hotel location?

if you look at the map on booking.com and keep zooming in your see it's the right side of the main 41 road, i looked at bayfront inn but it wasn't til someone on here commented that i looked and saw it was the other side of the main road, would of been a pain getting to the shops etc, i picked lemon tree inn as your one was dearer. i also looked at trianon but wanted a smaller, casual motel type

just looked and it is on the other side of the 41 road, not sure if this will be a problem, perhaps others will comment

Edited: 21 July 2016, 08:56
Kent
Level Contributor
7,433 posts
80 reviews
3. Re: Hotel location?

just looked again and it is the other side of the 41, don't know if this will be a problem crossing, perhpas others will comment

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,479 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Hotel location?

If memory serves, there are stop lights on corners near to Hotel Bellasera. You shouldn't have any trouble crossing streets.

I stayed at Lemon Tree Inn last summer. I really like the location. I like to walk, and,found I could get to most places without driving.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,775 posts
118 reviews
5. Re: Hotel location?

Bellasera is near a traffic light for crossing 41. If you prefer to stay on the other side of 41, then Lemon Tree, Inn on Fifth or Trianon would be located in that area.

6. Re: Hotel location?

Recently stayed at Bellasera. Very nice !! Free shuttle. Free bikes. Very convenient to 5 th ave. the pier etc.

scotland
Level Contributor
460 posts
135 reviews
7. Re: Hotel location?

Got a very reasonable rate for Bellasera. As we are staying in smaller , motel type properties for the rest of our holiday I am looking forward to a "proper" hotel experience. Reviews are all very favourable. Thank you all who posted advice.K

scotland
Level Contributor
460 posts
135 reviews
8. Re: Hotel location?

Settled on Bellasera and were not disappointed. Lovely old hotel in need of some upgrading but with many fine features . Our room was in a wonderful location right over the pool on the third floor. Room was big with a huge bed and effective air con. Pool area was lovely with new tables and chairs and sunloungers. Bar was very quiet, except for happy hour and we had no problem ordering food. Complimentary shuttle was very helpful as were 2 drivers we spoke to . Would recommend as we had a good experience.

Work, Beach or...
Level Contributor
2,811 posts
9. Re: Hotel location?

So glad you enjoyed your stay - how did you like Naples overall? Did you get to see much of it during your short stopover? What were your favorites/highlights? I miss it and hope to get back there soon!!

scotland
Level Contributor
460 posts
135 reviews
10. Re: Hotel location?

We arrived late afternoon in Naples after a long drive from Key West so did not leave our hotel on first night. We really only had one day so did not have much time to explore Naples . Another longer visit required to fully appreciate area. We only touched on the beautiful surroundings.