We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dogs Welcome at Select WDW Hotels for a Fee

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
7,548 posts
160 reviews
Save Topic
Dogs Welcome at Select WDW Hotels for a Fee

For those interested, dogs will now be welcome for a fee at Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Fort Wilderness, and the Yacht Club:

wdwnt.com/blog/…

53 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
6,253 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Dogs Welcome at Select WDW Hotels for a Fee

That can't have been a very nice experience Susan! In my own experience as a dog owner my dogs mix with other dogs all the time and have never shown any aggression to other dogs nor have they ever been shown any. We dine in dog friendly pubs quite often with them. I have witnessed the odd fight between people though!

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
3,679 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: Dogs Welcome at Select WDW Hotels for a Fee

Thanks englishrose. As the resorts mentioned are large not sure whether there really will be a negative impact on guests overall experiences. Just interested on how rules will be enforced with regards to time in rooms and areas not allowed etc.

Nobleton, Canada
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
53. Re: Dogs Welcome at Select WDW Hotels for a Fee

I am sure most dog owners will obey by the rules but just like adults with their children, some think they are special and don't have to follow any rules. Seen many times kids allowed in adult pools / hot tubs areas and kids unsupervised by any adult in the pool area or playground areas.

I hope not too many dog owners behave same way and think they can allow their fluffy to be near the pools with them and at the playground for kids. I personally love dogs and have had a few but would never think of bringing them to Disney or anywhere on vacation unless i could be with them continuously throughout the day.

Places like a lake front cottage with lots of land and visiting family i can see taking them, but to lock up in a room for hours , well you and the dog better off left with a friend at home.

Reply to: Dogs Welcome at Select WDW Hotels for a Fee
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted