We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ghosts at Disney World

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,843 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
Ghosts at Disney World
Save

low and behold guess what? The happiest place on earth actually does have a few resident Ghost's, here are some of the reported sightings :

Orlando - Disney World - Pirates of the Caribbean - The spirit of "George" a worker who died there when a beam fell on him during construction still haunts the attraction. At the beginning of the day and at the end of the day attractions workers must come on the PA system and tell George good morning and good night. If not the attraction has been know to shut itself down adding more work before the workers came go home for the night. - March 2004 Addition/ correction - when the ride was being built in the early 70's (it opened Dec. 15, 1973) , George was a welder who clearly, welded different parts of the scenes on the attraction together. One particular area on the ride, called the "burning city", required George to climb up quite high above the ground. George lost his balance, and fell to his death. If you talk to any of the employees at pirates, they will either know of someone who has had an incident with George, or there is a chance they have had one themselves.

Orlando - Disney World - There is known to be a tan figure walking down the streets in front of the castle.

Orlando - Walt Disney World - EPCOT - Spaceship earth - a small girl with long blonde hair has been seen riding in a car & a boy run in front of her and vanish at the same location (outside during the day).

Orlando - Walt Disney World - Tower of Terror - There has been a story among employees of a ghost walking around the "Tower of Terror" at off hours; he's usually found walking the wrong way, does not respond to calls and then disappears.

Of course now I can't stop singing IT'S A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL...lol

Has anyone felt anything strange while in the parks ,im sure ive seen the tan lady at Typhoon Lagoon she was wearing a itsy bitsy bikini lol

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,381 posts
21 reviews
22 helpful votes
1. Re: Ghosts at Disney World
Save

I had heard about George, but not the other ghosts you mention.

Billericay, United...
Level Contributor
3,780 posts
2. Re: Ghosts at Disney World
Save

Nemmis....are you sure the "tan lady" wasnt your reflection in a shop window? Lol

Caz Essex X

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,015 posts
5 reviews
133 helpful votes
3. Re: Ghosts at Disney World
Save

I've seen a ghost at Busch Gardens car-park but I'm not telling anyone as they'll think I'm daft.

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
52 reviews
65 helpful votes
4. Re: Ghosts at Disney World
Save

Well I saw 999 ghosts in haunted mansion!! LOL

cumbria
Level Contributor
198 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
5. Re: Ghosts at Disney World
Save

Come on Chinners youll have to tell us now!

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
23 reviews
8 helpful votes
6. Re: Ghosts at Disney World
Save

Thanks Nemmis.... I was due to go on TOT on Tuesday but was scared enough at the thought of the ride without thinking of a ghost as well!!!! If you hear someones opened their bladder on the ride you'll know its me !!!

Billericay, United...
Level Contributor
3,780 posts
7. Re: Ghosts at Disney World
Save

Chinners.... we dont think you're daft we KNOW you daft anyway.

That ghost at Busch could have been my Partner , he is VERY pale! Lol

Caz Essex X

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,949 posts
30 reviews
27 helpful votes
8. Re: Ghosts at Disney World
Save

Whilst I`m not sure about the ghosts, I do think that there is a link between Disney World and the Bermuda Triangle. Well so much of my money has disappeared there, there must be!

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
52 reviews
65 helpful votes
9. Re: Ghosts at Disney World
Save

prospect..money may disappear but the memories last a lifetime!

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
29 reviews
82 helpful votes
10. Re: Ghosts at Disney World
Save

Chinners - I'm sure I read somewhere about other sightings of a ghost in Busch Gardens car park - isn't it supposed to be a young girl? Is that what you saw?

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.