We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magic Kingdom for Adults

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Magic Kingdom for Adults

My finace and I are spending 1 day at Magic Kingdom, July 6th. Neither of us have been there before and we're just wondering how we should plan our day in order to hit all of the best "big kid" rides. We plan on getting there when the park opens and staying until they kick us out. We definitely want to see the fireworks and parade plus I would love to get my pic with Minnie Mouse. Will probably just grab quick meals as we don't want to waste too much time eating, plus it seems we may have to plan around a thundershower at this time of year. Please help us plan so we can make the most out of our day.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,428 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magic Kingdom for Adults

You've already gotten a good start by planning to be there when the "rope drop" occurs.

Now, you can go one of two directions, to hit the "big rides" before the real crowds arrive. You can either head to Tomorrowland and do Space Mtn. first, or you can head to Frontierland and do Big Thunder Mtn. and Splash Mtn first.

Check when you arrive at the park to be sure that Frontierland will be opening when the park does (sometimes this land gets a delayed opening on some rides and shows) if you want to head that direction.

Be sure to use Fast Pass as much as possible throughout the day, especially for the "big 3 mountains" and also for Peter Pan and Jungle Cruise.

Do you have a map layout of the park yet? If not, go to this page below and study the layout of the park:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/MK.htm

newcastle/durham
Level Contributor
469 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Magic Kingdom for Adults

"big kid" rides are scattered all over the park, so the best thing to do is get a map as soon as you get there (try to get there for opening). you can see on the map where your rides are, and plan a route - work your way around the park strategically coz rushing from one side to the other will tire you out in no time! once you get to the bottom of main street and you're standing in front of the castle, you can usually tell which direction the crowds are moving in, so go the opposite way.

i'm guessing you'll want to go on splash mountain, thunder mountain, space mountain and pirates of the caribbean. buzz lightyear is good fun too, my boyfriend loved it last year (hes 20). you can get a fastpass for all except pirates, so make the most of them. cheat the system by not rushing straight to ride A as soon as your time slot begins. instead, go to ride B and get a fastpass for that, and go on another ride in the area which has a small queue. go to ride A towards the end of your return time slot, and by the time you come off, it'll be nearly the beginning of your time slot for ride B, so repeat the whole process!! hope that makes sense!!

3. Re: Magic Kingdom for Adults

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 08:16