We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomsons flights ????

yorkshire
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Thomsons flights ????

Im thinking of fling with Thomsons next year, Has anyone traveled with them ??????

wales
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomsons flights ????

hi we are flying with them on july 19th so will let you know about our opinions when we get back ,

regards andy

Liverpool
Level Contributor
889 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomsons flights ????

Thomsons and First Choice have now merged to form Thomson airways. I have flown with FC many times long haul, excellent. The Thomson planes are the same deal apart from a slightly narrower seat width as FC are configured 2-3-2 and Tom are 2-4-2. You could get either an ex FC plane or a Tom when booking. We are flying out on 13th June on a Tom plane. If you go on Holiday Truths (sorry owls) they have a thread were if you give your flight no someone can let you knpw which plane it is. I would have no qualms in recommending them though. Good seat pitch 33ins (2ins more than Virgin) seat back Tvs, interactive games and good food.

We flew Thomas Cook at xmas to Goa and although the seat pitch is now 33, the seats are 3-3-3 (really narrow) and the TVs didnt work most of the outbound flight or coming back.

Some really good prices around at the moment with Tom.

hope this helps

south wales
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomsons flights ????

We flew to Orlando last year with Thomsons and were impressed by the comfortable seats, increased legroom and good choice of seat-back entertainment.

We disliked the food so have not pre-booked meals and will take our own food this year.

Wigan
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomsons flights ????

We have been to Florida with Thomson and also with Virgin. I must say, if the price was the same I would fly with Virgin. The planes are bigger and the staff seemed more friendly. Last minute prices with Thomson & Thomas Cook are usually very cheap. I looked at one (one week away) for £180 approx. But I have also booked well in advance and found that the price with Virgin was cheaper than Thomson.

One advantage with Thomson, they fly into Sanford, which is a much smaller airport tham Orlando International.

Regards

Janet

Liverpool
Level Contributor
889 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomsons flights ????

Did you fly with Thomson after the planes had been upgraded ? i feel in economy Thomson are more comfortable, and it must be me as i have never seen a Virgin fight for less than £390, With First Choice/ Thomson we always pay around £250

Kent UK
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomsons flights ????

We flew from LGW into Sanford yesterday! We got Premium seats upgrade a few weeks ago for £99 each return which was a bargain. Apart from the flight being delayed nearly 3 hours due to a computer fault at check in, the experience was brilliant.

Loads of legroom in both Economy and Premium. I would say that economy is probably better than virgin economy, who I usually fly with! Premium is fantastic bargain at £99 but the most I would pay is maybe £150. Its not worth the noral price of nearly £250 return as Economy is not that far behind in terms of size and service.

I will post a full report soon along with pics.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomsons flights ????

Thanks Every one for that, xxxxx

Wales
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomsons flights ????

Flew from Bristol with Thomsons to Sanford, May 24th had upgraded to Premium, but looking at the economy seat they were excellent too but with a smaller seat back TV screen.

I would prefer to go from Cardiff as nearer but they seem to have stopped flights from there now, so Bristol is next closest for me.

I would recommend to anyone.

UK
Level Contributor
9 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomsons flights ????

Flew from Bristol to Orlando with them this July in the Premium section. Apart from too many screaming kids (and a bit of a puke-a-thon from 2 kids on the way back!) its ok. Inflight Entertainment did not work on the way out (aparently this is VERY common with the First Choice 767's, so be prepared and bring your own entertainment). Seats are ok, but your butt will hurt on arrival as most of the padding seems to have been squished out of them!

Food ok (the pasta goes all goey, so avoid it at all costs). The rather bizzare cheese omlette for breakfast on the way back gave everyone the 'gas' big style, so be prepared for that too!

Would fly with them again if need arose, but would prefer to go scheduled for the same price in economy as the extra 4 inces leg room are not worth £150.

WARWICKSHIRE
Level Contributor
785 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomsons flights ????

Flew thomsonfly last year and thought it was very good. Had a 2-4-2 formation seat plan, leather seats, 33" pitch, in-flight entertainment was very good, kids channels, decent films to choose from. Crew doing a good job ( though a few of them looked like they had lost a fiver and found a penny). All in all a very comfortable flight...I was prepared for a lot of kids on a flight to ORLANDO!! and mine were suitably entertained and comfortable. Flying again with them in a few weeks...but will avoid the strange vegetarian mushroom pasta thing that made me feel sick!!