We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the crowds like in April ?

UK: BOURNEMOUTH
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Topic
What is the crowds like in April ?

We are all booked for our 1st trip to WDW Florida....

:-)

We are going April 23rd - 7th May ... 14days

Has anyone been during this time>? What are the crowds like? It isnt a school holiday so shouldnt be over busy ... well thats what i am hoping.

What is your experience like of going in April ?

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
510 Reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
155 Reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: Icon Orlando...
21 Reviews
from US$51.99*
US$87.87
England
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the crowds like in April ?

We went at that time this year and it was great hardly any waits i think the most we waited was around 30 minutes for rock n roller coaster i really like this time of year. The weather is good and there is hardly any rainfall.

Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the crowds like in April ?

WOW Fantastic, im glad you had a lovely holiday.

Im soooo excited now!

Easter is early next year, the beginning of April so thats why we decided to go on 23rd April.

Im not sure if it is Spring Break during this time though

Colorado
Level Contributor
4,322 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the crowds like in April ?

Too late for spring break. Spring break times usually start in late February, March, and then into the first part of April (depending on the date for Easter).

When you are going is great because schools aren't out yet, and it is a nice time of the year before it gets too hot and humid.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
43,585 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the crowds like in April ?

You have picked an excellent time to catch the "in between" seasons: after spring break, yet before summer breaks begin.

Weather should be great, crowds should be moderately low, and you should have a wonderful time.

Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the crowds like in April ?

Oh WOW thanks everyone, i am really pleased that we have chosen a good time to go.

I can get away with going on holidays during school time as my daughter dosnt start school until next September.

Means less crowds and cheaper holidays. I dont know what we will do when she starts school! Eeeeeeek!!

Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the crowds like in April ?

Just been reading up about weather, i am glad it wont be over hot when we go.

I dont mind warm, but if its too hot it makes u tierd so quickly and i know that we wont manage doing the parks all day in really hot weather.

England
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the crowds like in April ?

Yeah it will be lovely weather and the humidity wont be super high either.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
9,205 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the crowds like in April ?

perfect weather-- less waiting for rides-- LOTS of strollers! :)

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the crowds like in April ?

You have definately picked a great time to go. We went this year from 24th-1st May and it was fantastic, crowds were low, maybe a little busier on the weekends and the weather was perfect, hot but not too hot and we didnt have a single drop of rain the whole time we were there. Were hoping to go again next year around the same time if we can get a good deal so may see you there. Oh and our dear daughter starts school next September as well, yikes!!!

Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What is the crowds like in April ?

Thanks everyone, i am sooo looking forward to our very 1st trip to WDW :-D

Hi cfalc27, i am glad you enjoyed your holiday last year ;-)

Im pleased we have chosen a nice time to go.

If you book for next year, we will prob see you there hehe! Theres some good deals out for that time of year next year.

Out of interest i priced up the same holiday, Villa etc for August time and i could not believe that the price actually 'TRIPLED' its very naughty really, not fair on parents with kids at school.

Yes my daughter just missed this school year as she is a November baby, so she will be one of the oldest in her class next year, although like you, i really cant believe my baby is starting school next year, time goes so quickly! Yikes!!