We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shooting ranges?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lincoln UK
Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Shooting ranges?

Hubby is desperate to visit a shooting range. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for one to visit, costs etc. We're staying in davenport, leaving 6 wks today!!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shooting ranges?

im intrested in this too

i have been looking but it seems all the places ive found only do small arms :(

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
362 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shooting ranges?

we have been twice to the shooting range at american police hall of fame on 405. This is the road going to kennedy space centre. (From attractions take 528, then 407 to 405) its on the left. Its the police shooting range. Fully supervised. Choice of hand guns , good advice and if thats what you wan't great fun. I think they charge $50 for 50 rounds ( it was about 4 years since we were last there) You will need ID, and sign a disclaimer. Also as a side issue for $50 they will give you a helicopter ride, great for the space centre. Also if like us the rest of your party are not into the shooting range you can cisit the police museum, well worth the visit.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,922 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shooting ranges?

the best one is on john young parkway go along sand lake road heading for the florida mall. at the junction, when you see the walmart supercenter, turn left onto j y p. ...

Level Contributor
140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Shooting ranges?

I want to do this too so will be keeping an eye on this topic. I've seen the police museum one recommended quite a bit.

Do any allow you to use rifles etc?

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shooting ranges?

i haven’t really seen any that allow anything bigger than pistol ammo

i want to find an out door range that will allow sub machine guns assault rifles and large caliber rifles but i haven’t found one yet

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
926 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shooting ranges?

I went to the Oak ridge gun range last week. Its a nice shop, clean and well staffed.

The range they have 7 lanes for shooting. Its only pistols and some rifles but with pistol ammo and no rapid fire.

We were there for about 2 hours, and tried 4 different guns, had 4 packs of 50 bullets. The price of the bullets differ depending on the calibre. But it cost 2 of use $130.

$12 for the range, $10 for the second person, $20 unlimited rental guns, targets that range from $0.50 to $2.00. Then its just the bullets. to pay for.

I believe that people on here have said the Police hall of fame shooting range only allows Americans to shoot.

7. Re: Shooting ranges?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 July 2011, 17:35
Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,803 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shooting ranges?

Hey Sunshine State...I'm sending you a PM :)

Houston
Level Contributor
2 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shooting ranges?

went to Oakridgeand Gun Range to day. Very friendly and helpful to both my self and my 2 kids (14 yo girl and a 16 yo boy). Had great fun firing a 38 special, a 9mm semi auto and a colt 45 (a classic hand cannon) - all guns and ammo supplied by them - we had 50 rounds with each gun - toal cost US$110 - a great hour or so of fun! They were also relaxed about us handling the shotguns in the store and my kids having pictures taken posing with assault pump action shotguns (essential for their facebook pages i would imagine!) - mind u i was a weapons instructor in the military back in the day, so perhaps they are not always this laid back? Anyway, great fun and looked after by Cookie who works there. ENJOY!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
250 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shooting ranges?

So I guess no one knows any that lets you fire full auto?

I went to the one in Las Vegas on Tropicana Avenue and it was so much fun!