We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DDP - Trade in Quick Service for Snack Credit?

BC
Level Contributor
52 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
DDP - Trade in Quick Service for Snack Credit?

I have officially booked our first trip WDW in late January and will be staying at POR and received the Deluxe Dining Plan for FREE :D

We will be spending a day at Universal for the Harry Potter Attraction and a Sunday at Discovery Cove (open from 9-5pm w/food included) and I'm a light eater; therefore, I'm predicting but not certain we may have some food credits left until the end of our trip.

I've read on some threads from TR and allears.net that I can trade some of Quick Service Credits for Snack Credits with a Cast Member at hotel or restaurant and snack credits can also apply to packaged cookies/candies in the park.

Has anyone traded in Quick Service/table service credits for snack credits?

What defines a snack? I've seen the list and didn't see cookie/candies listed but like the idea of using my credits for packaged cookies/candies to bring home as gifts.

Also, my boyfriend's 30th bday is during our trip but he won't be notified of the trip until xmas day. I would like his input on restaurants to try out. Is 30 days enough for a reservation at a restaurant in late Jan?

Torrance, CA
Level Contributor
682 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DDP - Trade in Quick Service for Snack Credit?

We were at DW from Nov 21-30 and used our leftover quick service credits for snacks (1 QS = 3 snacks). The small Mickey-shaped rice krispie treats dipped in chocolate and sprinkles and Disney candy boxes (see http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/03/24/candy-land-which-new-disney-candy-box-is-your-favorite/) were a big hit with our friends/family!

I started booking our ADRs only 30 days in advance and also kept checking back almost daily, as reservations opened up even up until the week before we left on our trip.

Have fun! I wish I could go back again so soon! :o)

BC
Level Contributor
52 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DDP - Trade in Quick Service for Snack Credit?

Hey Catmom37,

Can I change my QS credits at any time or only on check out date?

Who do I go see about changing the credits? Reception/Cashier at restaurant?

Where can I find the Disney Candy boxes? At Goofy's Candy Company?

Thanks

Fredrikstad, Norway
Level Contributor
539 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DDP - Trade in Quick Service for Snack Credit?

Just to be sure, if you are on the Deluxe Dining plan (DxDP) you will not have any QS meals, only TS meals. But it would still work the same way. But I guess since you are staying at POR and have the DDP for free, I guess you are on the normal DDP with one QS, one TS and 2 snacks a day....... ?

If so you can change a QS meal anytime during your stay, no need to wait fo the last day, although that might be the best just in case you will need it.

No need to talk to Reception, just go into any Disney store and get what you want, and the when you get to the cashier just tell them you will be using a QS to pay for snacks.

The candy boxes can be found everywhere, POR probably have it in their shop, and in the parks, if they sell candy they will probably have some candy boxes as well. But Goofy´s at DTD has much larger selection, so if you are at DTD get them there.

Have fun !

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: DDP - Trade in Quick Service for Snack Credit?

Bolebrothers makes a good point. Check the specifics of your dining plan. I'm sure you are on the "regular plan". For your Universal day, stop at the food court and pick up a "to go" lunch, the night before and take it with you. One less purchase.

Goofys has the best candy selection. Enjoy shopping!

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,237 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DDP - Trade in Quick Service for Snack Credit?

OFFICIALLY, you can't use Dining Plan credits except for exactly what they are for. In other words, OFFICIALLY, no substitutions or exchanges or changes are allowed.

UNOFFICIALLY, it is up to each individual location's manager/lead to make that exact decision at that exact time. In other words, it's POSSIBLE, but it will vary from location to location and from shift to shift ... it depends on who you're dealing with at that exact moment.

So the bottom line is that it's possible but you can't count on it. They CAN do it for you but by the rules they're not supposed to do it for you.

Edited: 11 December 2011, 13:28
england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DDP - Trade in Quick Service for Snack Credit?

I tried several times during our trip in november to swap counter service meals for snacks and was NOT allowed..i tried several places and with the reception at saratoga springs but got the same answer everytime. In the end i left getting sandwiches, rice crispie treats and bottled drinks and gave the sandwiches away.

Do not count on it.

Are you sure you got the deluxe plan for free?? i have never known Disney to give the deluxe version for free. if you got the Disney dining plan for free that is one table service, one table service and one snack for free, also in january they are adding a free re-fillable cup to the plan also.

If you are light eaters, the best way to get value on this plan would be to use a qs credit for a meal and saving the dessert for later and only spend snack credits if there is something you really want not available as a dessert. that way if you have snack credits left over at the end you could get candy and treats to take home.

BC
Level Contributor
52 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DDP - Trade in Quick Service for Snack Credit?

Sorry for the confusion .... I am mixing up the proper terminology and I meant to write that I received the Disney Dining Plan for free and not the deluxe one. Too much over planning :D Last time I over analyzed a trip, I had thought my return flight from LAX to YVR was at 9PM but was actually 630PM and I was stuck in LA traffic but luckily my flight was delayed and Allegiant allowed me to board.

I really appreciate everyone's replies and tips regarding DDP.

Thanks so much,

Violet

pa
Level Contributor
54,089 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: DDP - Trade in Quick Service for Snack Credit?

Here is a great list of items available using Snack Credits

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2640292

Torrance, CA
Level Contributor
682 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: DDP - Trade in Quick Service for Snack Credit?

Sorry for such a late response to your questions! I don't know if you can exchange QS before checkout date, as we didn't try before then. But, seeing the other responses, I guess it really does depend on who is at the cash register at the time. We found the candy boxes at the Beach Club resort's marketplace, but I would think other resorts and stores carry them, too. Good luck!

10. Re: DDP - Trade in Quick Service for Snack Credit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2013, 05:16