We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney free dining for 2013

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
Level Contributor
634 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Disney free dining for 2013

Anyone know when the dates will be announced for free dining for next year? I'm planning a spring trip and wonder if I can tie in with the necessary dates.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
909 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney free dining for 2013

They have already been announced last week. You can get the free dining direct on the Disneyworld site or with Virgin.

Knoxville, Tennessee
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney free dining for 2013

That's not true. I just called them. They haven't announced it yet.

pa
Level Contributor
53,722 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney free dining for 2013

The 2013 Free Dining for UK Residents is available now

The rest of the World will have to wait

There is typically a Free Dining Bounceback Offer ( will find out if history repeats the week that the 2012 Aug - Sept Free Dining begins ) and or when Disney makes a fun new announcement, they have been mixing things up a bit lately :)

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney free dining for 2013

i know it realy sucks that disney is'nt keeping true to form i used to be able to book a year in advance and knew that the free dinning would be offerd at that time and all i had to do was adjust my reservation to get the offer.i only book when they have the free dinnng and i want to book our jan - march trip now... :o(

Liverpool
Level Contributor
634 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney free dining for 2013

I booked for next March - Port Orleans French Quarter, upgraded the Dining Plan from counter service to the regular Dining Plan and got 14 days Disney Park admission for the price of 7.

I guess Disney are offering these perks to U.K. residents as an extra incentive as our airfares are so expensive at the moment.

I also got a great deal with Travel Republic for 4 nights at the Renaissance at Seaworld to allow a little retail therapy at the start of the holiday ;-)

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney free dining for 2013

lindie_h, oh i know that disney offers the deals to the UK 1st and i have no issues with that at all as you all have to pay so much for your air you need that extra time.i have a issue with disney changing the free dinning dates.in the past they gave the free dinning at about the same time every year,but now they are moving the dates around.like our trip this aug i had a disney resort booked with the dinning thinking that we could get the free dinning when it came out.well they changed the free dinning dates,due to that we are staying at a non disney resort for the 1st time in many years.they used to offer it from the 15th of aug now they changed it to the end of aug and most of the children will be back at school.ok i'm done now... LOL...

Florence KY
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney free dining for 2013

We did the same thing this past October. I booked our trip WAY ahead of time because the dates were the same for this visit as they had been in the past.... The dates we booked never went free dining, but the very day before our arrival did and the date after our departure did. I just can't do that game anymore. We stayed at a value resort but upgraded to the dining deluxe. We only sleep in the room but EAT everywhere! The dining was great, but the cost was way too high for another visit.

pa
Level Contributor
53,722 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney free dining for 2013

Just a few notes

This is an old post

As far as the Free Dining goes, as long as your check in day is included in the Free Dining Dates, you will get the Free Dining for your entire length of stay

Edited: 27 November 2012, 07:59
Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,720 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney free dining for 2013

Ok I realise this is an old post, but I'm searching the forum trying to ascertain the best time to book our accommodation for Sept 2-12, 2013, and I came across this post.

Never heard of this free dining so I'm hoping someone can enlighten me somewhat, and also suggest based on history, when is the best time to book for those dates please.

I know it's been stated above that Disney is trying to shake things up a bit, but any indication would be much appreciated.

And also, have we missed the potential window for booking to get the free dining possibility? Oh and I'm posting from Australia if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any feedback!

Edited: 31 December 2012, 03:31
ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney free dining for 2013

Nessnem,

A few times a year, Disney offers guests staying at their resorts at certain times free dining. This means you get a table service (sit down dinner) and quick service (fast food type), plus a snack each day. It's a great perk, but is a bit unpredictable as to when it might happen. Traditionally it is end of August/September when most kids have gone back to school and the parks get less busy.

It's a great deal if you can time it right. They usually don't advertise it until April sometime, but if you have already made reservations, and then they advertise free dining, you just call Disney with your reservation number and they will credit you the money. We did that 2 years ago and they simply put $2000 back on my credit card (we were a family of 11 travelling for over a week).

The dining plan is amazing if you can get it free! Just remember you need to make reservations at all the restaurants well in advance.