We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is the cheapest time to go to disney?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
249 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
When is the cheapest time to go to disney?

Starting to think about next years holidays and will hopefully include another trip to florida for 2 weeks at a disney resort hotel.

Our daughter will be 3 so have no worries of school holidays etc and can go at pretty much any time of the year, although would rather avoid August due to the heat (and the cost!)

When is the absolute cheapest weeks/month to go?

Does this change on which resort category we choose?

Are we best to book early or hope to find it cheaper booking last minute?

Thanks

C x

Va
Level Contributor
11,127 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When is the cheapest time to go to disney?

The least expensive times are sept/oct and Jan/feb with a few days of exceptions for holidays and special events. I like sept because it is still warm and is probably the least crowded because few Americans take vacation.

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,708 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When is the cheapest time to go to disney?

Hiya CE..(may I call you CE)?

Mousesavers has some really good info on this.

http://www.mousesavers.com/disneyresorts.html

Hampshire, England
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When is the cheapest time to go to disney?

Hi Cegurney, this link shows you the cheapest months and less crowded months.....

yourfirstvisit.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/0…

Do some dummy price runs with dates for this year (say October) and again using the same dates next year. That may be helpful in seeing price comparisons if booked three months ahead or 15 months ahead. Obviously prices are only good at the time of looking so can't be relied on for complete accuracy, but gives you a bench mark to compare.

There is an offer on at the moment for 2013 with the free dining plans if you are wanting a WDW resort. :)

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
249 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When is the cheapest time to go to disney?

Thanks everyone! Will take a look at the links, was thinking Sept/Oct was probably one of the cheapest times. Thats when we are going this year but can't seem to find it as cheap for 2013, think we must have got a pretty good deal!

I did see they were now offering the free disney dining along with $200 spending money. I noticed these offers end really soon tho, like in 3 days!! will this then be it or will they extend/offer it again later in the year?

Va
Level Contributor
11,127 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When is the cheapest time to go to disney?

The deals come and go. They don't announce when they will appear. They obviously base them off of occupancy.

Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
2,275 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When is the cheapest time to go to disney?

I think September is the cheapest time to go, they usually have free dining plans so you don't even have to think about paying for food, room rates are really good and the crowds are fairly low.

What is this free $200 spending money?? Never seen that deal? I'm going in Sept this year, can I get some free money ;-)

Edited: 17 June 2012, 17:13
pa
Level Contributor
54,317 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: When is the cheapest time to go to disney?

The extra $200 free gift card is part of the very nice offer at the moment for UK residents for 2013 bookings

There are Free Dining Offers that Everyone can book but they aren't typically announced a year in advance

mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html

8. Re: When is the cheapest time to go to disney?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 09:17