We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please tell me the weather is going to improve!!!

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Please tell me the weather is going to improve!!!

We arrived on Friday and the weather was lovely with a few rain and thunder storms but it's been awful today and the forecast is for it to be like this until we leave on the 21st!!!

My only hope is that when we've been to Cuba the weather forecast is always rain and thunder storms but it's always been lovely and sunny when we get there with just a few short lived storms - can any experts tell me it's going to improve and the weather man is wrong?............. Or shall I just go to Publix and stock up on wine now???

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,291 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please tell me the weather is going to improve!!!

"and the forecast is for it to be like this until we leave on the 21st!!!"

Please, please do not believe forecasts more than five days out. They are not reliable.

And...summer is the rainy season here.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please tell me the weather is going to improve!!!

Thank you! We've had about six weeks non stop cold rain in Scotland prior to arriving here so it would be nice if the sun would make an appearance now and then- at least when it rains here it's warm rain!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
472 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please tell me the weather is going to improve!!!

I think weather.com should be your best friend right now :/

Ayrshire
Level Contributor
67 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please tell me the weather is going to improve!!!

I know how you feel! We arrived yesterday in time for thunderstorms last night and not impressed with rain for most of today. We try to not let it stop us doing anything but it is much better if sunny.

Hoping the weather forecast is wrong - fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please tell me the weather is going to improve!!!

Well I suppose it gives us time to catch up on the important stuff like trip advisor etc.......

scotland
Level Contributor
1,841 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please tell me the weather is going to improve!!!

I can tell you when the weather is going to improve................. September the 8th when I arrive, lol.

I know it cant be fine for anyone to have so much rain on there holiday and the last time we were in Orlando we only had 1 afternoon thunderstorm so hoping very much for the same this time :))

Liz

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,187 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please tell me the weather is going to improve!!!

As someone said summer is the rainy season so why are people surprised when there is rain? If the weather is important to you then you are better off going at Easter.

Quigley's Point...
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please tell me the weather is going to improve!!!

We always go in November as this month has the lowest rainfall ..only ever had rain twice in November

which only lasted a short while take a look at this link

weather.com/outlook/…USFL0372

Annie

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Please tell me the weather is going to improve!!!

You can't expect such a long stay during the summer to be rain free the entire time. The current forecast is normal. Sunny, hot, humid, with a chance of scattered (sometimes severe) storms. If you arrived last Friday, I'd say you've had a pretty nice run so far. I know a pretty good cell moved through where we were yesterday and earlier in the afternoon than one would normally expect, but that hardly discounts the previous week nor dooms the coming ones. It's part of this time of year.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,710 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Please tell me the weather is going to improve!!!

Yes, it's about time we had some rain - the first half of this year had very little rain to the extent that the water reserves are at an all time low and we have been cut back on the number of days we are allowed to water our lawns from 2 to 1. Lawns cannot survive with just 1 watering day and no rain.

The rains came just in time for the lawns around here.

Edited: 12 July 2012, 10:04