We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2014 Free Disney Dining?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winchester...
Level Contributor
288 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
2014 Free Disney Dining?

Anyone know when they will start releasing 2014 free dining deals or any sort of Disney offer? TIA

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,730 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 2014 Free Disney Dining?

Thanks Troupy I'll look at that - I didnt realise they had different sites?? Agree always book direct - travel agents will surely soon go the way of dinosaurs!!

Spennymoor, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 2014 Free Disney Dining?

Hello again nessnem. You could also try dreamsunlimitedtravel.com, apparantly they are an official Disney travel agent. I've just been looking through Tripadvisor and it looks as though quite a few Aussies use them for hotel and ticket packages with the free dining offers.

pa
Level Contributor
53,800 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: 2014 Free Disney Dining?

I highly Recomend www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com We have used them many, many times. They are an Official Disney Travel Agent, they deal directly with Disney for you, everything can be done on line, you have an Agent to email with at any time with questions or concerns, they will continue to look for discounts for you

The Free Dining for mid August - end of September is most often announced late Spring. The new Spring Disxounts were just announced yesterday so we have a bit of time to wait BUT you can book now, direct with Disney or with Dreamsunlimited and when and if a new deal comes out, you can Modify your reservation

You can book your flights separately, they do Not have to be part of the Package. In order to qualify for the Dining Plan, free or paid for, you must add tickets.

Always be sure to compare costs. The Free Dining saves quite a bit when staying at a Value Resort, a nice room discount is often better when staying at a Deluxe Resort, you might break even between the two when staying at a Moderate Resort. It will also depend on how many Adults, how many kids and how long you intend to stay

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,730 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: 2014 Free Disney Dining?

Thanks guys for the responses and helpful tips.

The Australian site only directs to the US site for booking travel, but thanks anyway. Will check out the other site though, and probably wait till late spring which I think is March/April over there? I assume for travelling 2-12 September, we shouldn't have any probablems with availability by waiting. We're looking at either Art of Animation or Movie All Star Resorts. There's only me, hubby and our 11 year old daughter.

Coming from OZ, with a week in New York prior to our 12 days in Orlando - it's quite an expensive holiday for us. So I'm grateful for anywhere I can find some savings. And of course more money in the kitty for all the wonderful shopping over in the US which is literally 50-75% cheaper than down under!! Love, love, love the shopping!!!!!

Spennymoor, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: 2014 Free Disney Dining?

The free dining plan certainly saves a lot of money whatever plan you get. We just had the QSDP and it was certainly plenty for our(2 Adults 2 Kids) needs.

Another point worth mentioning regarding the Disney site. There may be an email address to send your queries to, or dare I say it, even a phone number!

On the UK site there is the option to book just a hotel and ticket package as well as a flight inclusive package.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
9,997 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: 2014 Free Disney Dining?

Hi partypa.......

Just followed your link for dreamsunlimited....

Not sure if I did something wrong, but I've had a quote for a fortnight break, for hotel only......... (They added tickets, that I don't need) the price was over $8200.......... Ouch.........

I've already to a quote from Disney direct $2900.......... Same hotel no tickets...

Do you use a code or anything? Because that price is absurd...........& I can't see the difference being the 14 day (non hopper) pass tickets.........

Even prices including flights & car I'm getting better than that...........

pa
Level Contributor
53,800 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: 2014 Free Disney Dining?

Mike, were you assigned an Agent ? Just send them an email and tell them exactly what you want. The exact Dates, Resort, Ticket option, Dining Plan, number of adults, number of kids etc As many details as you can. I am quite sure there was a mistake somewhere along those lines. For $8,200 we could stay for two months

Or tell me all the details and I can compare things for you :)

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
9,997 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: 2014 Free Disney Dining?

Hi partypa,

Yes I've been assigned an agent....

I've emailed her, have to say I don't hold out much hope as they were "so far" away in the first place........

Will wait to see......

Thanks anyway.....

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: 2014 Free Disney Dining?

The Free dining comes and goes every few months, Virgin had it a few weeks ago for 2013 including school holidays, it may be too early for 2014.

Don't forget the offer is actually from Disney itself so it is when they see fit to realease date to TA's

Shop around as some companies also offer a free $100 and some dont.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
417 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: 2014 Free Disney Dining?

Hi nessnem,

Have you checked out another official Disney Agent for pricing, Www.Smallworldvacations.com

They were recommended in

The Mousesavers Newsletter which is written about a lot on this forum.

When you apply for a quote via their website an agent is assigned to you and also their contact details are provided for any questions you may have before making a deposit.

I'm going to book our trip with them and request that if a free dining plan becomes available through Disney for the time we are there to have it applied to our booking if the hotel we are staying at is part of the offer.