We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay @ Wilderness Lodge

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Stay @ Wilderness Lodge

Was wondering if anyone has stayed there and if so, how long are the bus rides to the parks? Any other info in regards to the hotel would be great as well. Thanks...

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay @ Wilderness Lodge

We stayed here in October, it's a lovely resort but doesn't have the best transport by any means. To the MK it's fine you can get the boat, which is very nice, anywhere else and you are making stops at other resorts for pick ups. We stopped at the GF on the way somewhere (sorry can't remember where) and also at Fort Wilderness on the way to and from somewhere (again can't remember where we were going or where we had been). Even though it's a lovely resort the transport thing has put us off staying here again. We went to dinner one evening at the Contemporary and had to get a taxi back, it was either that or going all the way back to DTD and out again. We're used to staying at Saratoga Springs which is great for transport as you can walk to DTD and catch a bus direct to any of the resorts.

Sorry pp x

Edited: 26 January 2013, 14:59
Lake Forest...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay @ Wilderness Lodge

I stayed there with my daughters when they were young and thought the transportation was great. The bus ran frequently and you can't beat a boat ride to the Magic Kingdom! It made the stay so much nicer. Spent most time in the MK, so it was super convenient to go back & forth. We're able to go to park early, take the boat back for lunch & a swim, then boat back over. Hotel is beautiful and staff is excellent.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay @ Wilderness Lodge

We stayed at this resort in November 2012 for 18 nights and I couldn't recommend it enough. The actual hotel is amazing, so beautiful. The foyer is breathtaking and the pools, service and rooms were fab. We stayed in a courtyard view room which we loved, the view was awesome.

We did hire a car for the duration of our stay but used the transportation system also which we thought was good. As others have said, the boat to Magic Kingdom was perfect, you can also get a boat to the Wilderness Campground and Contemporary Hotel. From there you are on the monorail system so can access Epcot and other hotels (Poly & Grand Floridian).

The buses are very frequent and yes they do stop at other hotels but all buses do that regardless of your hotel. It's obviously not as quick as getting around by car but it never would be.

We will definately be going back to the Wilderness Lodge.

Let us know if you have any other questions :o)

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stay @ Wilderness Lodge

"The buses are very frequent and yes they do stop at other hotels but all buses do that regardless of your hotel. "

No they don't. Saratoga, OKW, AKL, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs do not stop at other hotels.

pa
Level Contributor
53,716 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Stay @ Wilderness Lodge

But those other Resorts have multi stops within the Resort itself

No Resort has perfect ( or what people would consider perfect ) transportation but it works quite well considering Disney transports a half a million people everyday

We are big fans of the Wilderness Lodge, our favourite Resort by far, the transportation options work fine for us

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2778033

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stay @ Wilderness Lodge

Not if you board at the last stop :)

I'm sorry you don't agree with me, that's fine, but I have written from my experience in October. As you said no resort is perfect and not everyone raves about the same resorts.We had transport issues at the WL that we hadn't experienced at other resorts, that's just how it was.

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
188 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stay @ Wilderness Lodge

Also to Epcot, you can take the boat over to MK, then the Monorail over to Epcot, we did this!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stay @ Wilderness Lodge

I agree USlovers. Everybody I speak to likes different hotels for different reasons and all the Disney hotels are great in there own way.

For the original poster, if you do stop at other hotels it does add time on so you do need to factor that on if its something that would bother you.

My advice would be, look at all the hotels and go with your heart :o)

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,285 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stay @ Wilderness Lodge

The transportation at WL is poor and a major reason why we don't stay here and we agree with USlovers. The boat to the MK is fine but the buses are crowded,make multiple stops and not as frequent as they should be.We like Artists Point but not the other restaurants-there are better Disney hotels

10. Re: Stay @ Wilderness Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2014, 01:18