We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westgate Blue Tree Resort

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Westgate Blue Tree Resort

Hey Everyone! Just curious if anyone has stayed at the Westgate Blue Tree Resort since they started reno's. Are all reno's done to the resort, and what was your experience with them? We will be arriving late, as our flight arrives at 10:30 pm and we are renting a vehicle. Will they still be open for us to get our room the first night?

Thanks!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
38,693 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westgate Blue Tree Resort

As for if they stay open, you'll probably need to contact them directly to find out this information and make specific arrangements. Since this is a resort and not a hotel, they may or may not "man the office" 24-hours a day.

Has anyone stayed here recently who can comment on renovations?

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Westgate Blue Tree Resort

Thanks for the input. Anyone else have information regarding my original questions?

tni
Yorktown, Virginia
Level Contributor
43 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westgate Blue Tree Resort

Hi, robags! I saw your post and wondered how your stay went last year. There are no reviews and I see it as an option with Interval International. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you!

Hemel Hempstead
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Westgate Blue Tree Resort

Hi Tni,

We're booked in from 18.07.14 - 03.08.14. Apparently the resort is split 70/30 between SPM and Westgate, it would appear from the tripadvisor reports I have read that the SPM run units are more recently renovated and better maintained.

Hope that helps.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Westgate Blue Tree Resort

Hi Tni:

Our stay last year was absolutey fine. We ended up with a 2 bedroom unit that had 2 twin beds in one room and either a queen or king in the master bedroom. The condo is a bit older, but that didn't matter to us. I know they had one complex completely out of commision and it looked like they were renovating the rooms in the complex. We didn't spend a whole of time in the room, but there was a nice kitchen with enough pots/pans/untensils that making meals was not an issue. There are numerous pools around the resort, but the weather wasn't the warmest, so we did not use any of them. Other people did use the pools though. There was free wi-fi at the registration desk, so my wife and I would head down there usually in the morning before we got going, and then before bed. It was a 3 or 4 minute walk to the front desk from our unit. Location is pretty good, but still a 15 minute drive to Downtown Disney from there. Overall, we would stay there again. Our first choice was to stay at the Blue Heron resort which is on the east side of I4, but they were all sold out for the dates we were looking. We only had about 2 months of planning by the time we decided to go, and they were all sold out. This was a great alternative.

I hope this helps.

6. Re: Westgate Blue Tree Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2015, 00:18