We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney free dining offers for 2014, for US residents

Detroit
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Disney free dining offers for 2014, for US residents

When will the free dining offers come out for the US residents? We are planning May of 2014. Will value resorts be offering counter service? Any info will go a long way, I love planning for Disney trips!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,396 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney free dining offers for 2014, for US residents

Not for a good while yet; they haven't even offered anything for autumn of this year yet. Just keep posted here and someone will let you know.

Value resort do have only the counter service plan for free, but if you want to pay for the upgrade to table service, I don't think it's too awfully much extra.

pa
Level Contributor
54,196 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney free dining offers for 2014, for US residents

Here is a bit of info on the History of Free Dining

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2771101

Don't get your hopes up too high for Free Dining In May, more than likely there will be a nice Room Discount OR a Spring Special Promotion, which can be a better Deal, depending on number of persons, level of Resort and length of stay

Detroit
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney free dining offers for 2014, for US residents

Thanks party, you're the man, where you from? I am always getting great info from you

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,396 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney free dining offers for 2014, for US residents

Partypa is very much a lady in the finest sense possible, and she's from Pennsylvania.

pa
Level Contributor
54,196 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney free dining offers for 2014, for US residents

Thanks for that Kat

And it's true, the pa is for Pennsylvania :)

Detroit
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney free dining offers for 2014, for US residents

Thanks kat for answering the question I asked someone else. Now I know you're a woman

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
172 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney free dining offers for 2014, for US residents

I always thought that partypa was a guy too! Ha! I have to admit that I've been secretly "lurking" partypa for almost a year now. Very helpful indeed.

Forest Hill...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney free dining offers for 2014, for US residents

Fyi.....if your staying in a value resort and upgrade to the regular dining plan, you might as well stay at a moderate resort because the cost of the meal increase just about breaks even with the moderate resorts . I did this once and didn't realize till after the fact.

Morrisville, North...
Level Contributor
43 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney free dining offers for 2014, for US residents

We took advantage of the 2013 Spring Discount for part of our trip this past May. I think it was 20 or 25% off of Moderate Resorts and 30% off of Deluxe Resorts (Value Resorts were probably 15-20% off). The offer came out around March 10th.

Detroit
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney free dining offers for 2014, for US residents

Thank you everyone for your help and time.