We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free dining for August/September 2014??

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
878 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Free dining for August/September 2014??

We were in WDW 3 years ago @ POFQ w/free dining for 10 days in late August. We booked it 15 months in advance!! We've been keeping an eye for the release of August/September 2014 Free Dining but haven't seen a thing. Did we miss it? If anybody has any kind of info, we'd be really appreciative. Thanks :)

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
16,657 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Free dining for August/September 2014??

the deals just came out for this fall, so it will be quite a while for 2014 discounts :)

pa
Level Contributor
53,549 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Free dining for August/September 2014??

The Free Dining for this September ( no August dates this year ) were released in May. The Free Dining for this Oct - Dec was released a week ago

The only ones that can book free dining for 2014 now, are the lucky folks in the UK

New York
Level Contributor
878 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Free dining for August/September 2014??

Thanks! Partypa......I remember you helped me a lot with my last trip :)

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
38,276 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Free dining for August/September 2014??

The date span for autumn "free dining" seem to be shrinking as the years go on, with more and more times and resorts being excluded, so just bear this in mind for 2014.

You may have to be more selective about your dates and resorts for free dining next year.

Pottstown...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Free dining for August/September 2014??

Timms,

We are also planning a trip for Sept 2014. 6 adults and 1 child split between two rooms. Free dining works for us from a $'s standpoint.

From what I have read pin codes for free dinning Sept 2014 are just being received by mail and email now. Soooo, that is a good indication that it will be offered to everyone in the early spring next year.

Keeping my fingers crossed. :)

New York
Level Contributor
878 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Free dining for August/September 2014??

Thanks Auntrosie1. Is your plan to book the vacation & "add" free dining if it becomes available or just to wait until (if) the offer comes out to make reservations. Thanks!

pa
Level Contributor
53,549 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Free dining for August/September 2014??

There is no real advantage to booking now and then hoping the offer is released. In fact, if reservations are up for a certain period of time, Disney doesn't need to fill rooms so offers could be effected in a negative way, less need for Disney to fill up rooms

You can of course book whenever you want and Modify later. Always good to have second and third choices in mind however, incase the Resort or Room Catagory isn't included in a New Offer

New York
Level Contributor
878 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Free dining for August/September 2014??

I thought of that party pa, but we're going regardless & I'm wondering if the price is lower the further out you book.

pa
Level Contributor
53,549 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Free dining for August/September 2014??

The Room Rack Rates are already fixed for 2014, they were announced a few months ago

If you are planning to go with or without a Discount or Offer, go for it.

When you book, you only need to make a Deposit of $200 for a Package, balance due 45 days prior to arrival and for a Room Only Reservation, a deposit equal to one night's Room Rate, balance due at check in

Pottstown...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Free dining for August/September 2014??

You are welcome. The former. We've made our reservation.

I also hold a Disney Visa Card. I will use the rewards for this trip.

Advanced booking for Free Dining (a week in advance of the general public)

Six months without interest when the card is used to pay for a Disney Vacation Package

Discounts on Tours and special experiences in the parks

I dont use the card much day to day. I accumulated a few hundred Disney rewards on our last trip in 2012. I'll order a card for that and it will work in the parks like cash.