We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Firefly Car Rental

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
D N
Lexington, Kentucky
2 posts
Save Topic
Firefly Car Rental

Has anyone rented a car from this company in Orlando? If so, please tell me about your experience.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,886 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Firefly Car Rental

This might provide some information. www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3151571

D N
Lexington, Kentucky
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Firefly Car Rental

Thanks. This was very helpful.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
48 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Firefly Car Rental

I"m looking for a car for late October. Firefly was a good price but also found a good price with Payless although you need to take a shuttle. 129.00 for a week mid-size.

wildrose wisconsin
Level Contributor
712 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Firefly Car Rental

Did you go with firefly? Please let us know. I need a week rental in March and there prices are very good. But I am leary.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,777 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Firefly Car Rental

Right now I am holding double car reservations--firefly and Alamo. Firefly is definitely part of Hertz--it is the same reservation people when you call. ( she told me) So, I am back and forth on which to cancel.

wildrose wisconsin
Level Contributor
712 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Firefly Car Rental

should of booked the prices have gone way up.

Oklahoma City...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Firefly Car Rental

I recently rented are car from firefly in Orlando because they were the best priced. The car I rented was not very nice. I didn't mind too much because I just needed something to get around in but this car was high mileage and not in great condition with dings in several places and the belt squalled some. This made me a little leery on how dependable it would be. Also, DO NOT purchase their fuel package. The guy at the counter went through their different packages (insurance packages, etc.) that they try to get you to purchase and after inquiring more information about the fuel package it was applied to my bill. I questioned it and asked for it to be taken off but, he assured me several times that I wouldn't be charged if I brought the car back with a full tank. I did however, I was charged for the fuel package anyway and am now having to jump through hoops to get a refund. I'm not saying I won't ever rent through them again if I need a cheap rental but, I will definitely not buy any extra packages that they offer, no matter what they say, since they mislead you at the counter.

Texas
Level Contributor
143 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Firefly Car Rental

Also attracted to the cheap rental from this agency in Orlando airport for late September. "Forced" to take the fuel package. I brought it in full and never reimbursed. This is an extra $80. Luckily i went over my credit card statement and saw this. I am calling tommorrow to get this reimbursed. Advantage does a similar thing, but at least they do reimburse at the end.

Would pay more just to not have to hassle with this.

Louisville...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Firefly Car Rental

I recently rented a car for them for a week in Orlando and it was a terrible experience. I will never rent from them again. It was cheap but not worth the hour at the counter. I had to keep fighting with the guy "Bouzid" who kept adding upgrades and packages I had not asked for. Each time he gave me my estimate he had sneaked another upgrade on there. I finally told him to stop or I was going to walk away. He then stopped trying to trick me. DO NOT RENT FROM FIREFLY!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,777 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Firefly Car Rental

And I had no problems. they asked about the fuel package and my friend and I thought about it and decided we didn't want it. We told them know and that was that. There was NO pushing for us to take any extras or packages. We were upgraded one level at no cost because that is all they had. The car has some dings but I really could care less. It had 40,000 miles on it and it ran perfectly. ( and I know cars) We told him which extra insurance we wanted and he processed it and didn't push us for the types we weren't interested in. I wish I remembered the name of the gentleman who helped us.