We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help for a visit during Thanksgiving weekend

Pune, India
Level Contributor
85 posts
29 reviews
Itinerary help for a visit during Thanksgiving weekend

My wife & I are planning to drive down to Panama City beach from Atlanta on Thanksgiving weekend. We would be reaching by 1500 hrs or so on Friday. So we get the friday evening, entire Saturday & start back on Sunday post lunch, say by 1400 hrs.

I am majorly into Wildlife (esp. Birds) & Nature photography, so St. Andrews SP is high on my list, and will spent early morning hours there on Sat or Sunday.

I am requesting help for the following:

1) Any must do beaches, basically from photographing sunset / sunrise / wildlife perspective?

2) Will the Dolphin watching tours operate in Nov end? I saw few but none of them operate during that period. If they still do, any suggestions? Will prefer smaller group ones ~6.

3) Any other parks we can visit to see & photograph birds? (note that we are not keen on visiting any zoo/caged environment)

4) We have shortlisted either Days Inn or Holiday Inn to stay, however would like to know if there are any hotels which would be less crowded, basically with less rooms & quieter place

5) and finally any must do places / local eating joints in & around Panama city.

Thanks,

Rudra.

Montgomery, Alabama
Level Contributor
586 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Itinerary help for a visit during Thanksgiving weekend

1) The beaches at St Andrews would be more photogenic. Also, the beaches near the 2 piers could work as a nice background with the sun setting. I have a few of those.

2) Sea Screamer operates that weekend. However, it is a huge boat.

3) Must check out the conservation park. panamacitybeachparksandrecreation.com/conser…

4) Can't help you there.

5) Dee's Hang Out is my go to for local places.

Pune, India
Level Contributor
85 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Itinerary help for a visit during Thanksgiving weekend

Thank you! that surely helps.

Apalachicola...
Level Contributor
3,539 posts
121 reviews
3. Re: Itinerary help for a visit during Thanksgiving weekend

For photography and bird watching you should try a trip on the nearby Dead Lakes. It's raw beauty is a photographers dream!

http://www.offthemapexpeditions.com/

www.visitgulf.com/dead-lakes-wewahitchka

4. Re: Itinerary help for a visit during Thanksgiving weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2018, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach