We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a nice, kid friendly hotel in Panama City

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a nice, kid friendly hotel in Panama City

I have looked at Sandpiper but it has horrible reviews. Is there another kid friendy hotel you could suggest?

IN
Level Contributor
457 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a nice, kid friendly hotel in Panama City

Both The Palmetto and The Osprey are family-oriented. The Palmetto (beachside) is newer and a little nicer but more expensive.

Dothan, Alabama
Level Contributor
120 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a nice, kid friendly hotel in Panama City

You can also try the holiday inn sunspree or splas condos.Both are very kid friendly and have all kinds of activities for the kids.

Dothan, Alabama
Level Contributor
120 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a nice, kid friendly hotel in Panama City

that's splash condos not splas condos.sorry about the typing.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
73 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a nice, kid friendly hotel in Panama City

We have stayed at the holiday inn twice, the last time was three years ago and it was not quite as nice as it use to be. There were a lot more unsupervised teenaged kids than the first time we went and they were encouring behavior I really did not want my kids to see. I think the reason for all the teenage kids is that there are not alot of places left in PCB that will rent to the under 25s and they flock to these places so in my opinion really check out where you rent from. We stayed at the Calypso last year and loved it. We are going back there again this year. The splash was just a few buildings down from the Calypso and it also looked nice. I would recommend vrbo if you are interested in a condo as it will save you several hundred dollars.

Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
90 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a nice, kid friendly hotel in Panama City

We stayed at Splash last July and had a very good time. Our young kids (6, 3, 1) really enjoyed the waterpark and pools.

IMHO - stay far far far far away from the Sandpiper. It's website, brocheures, etc. make the place seem like a Taj Mahal of hotels - but in reality, based on what I've read and saw firsthand last summer, it is just the opposite.

Marietta Ga
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a nice, kid friendly hotel in Panama City

The Boardwalk resort has a nice area for kids to play in But use the condo section instead of the hotel section also Sunrise beach its right near Pier park has a kiddie mushroom fountain Emerald beach resort was suppoed to be adding a lazy river per their website but im not sure if that ever happened

indiana
Level Contributor
483 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a nice, kid friendly hotel in Panama City

Sunset Inn is a great family owned place. Its in a great location and very clean.

griffin ga
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a nice, kid friendly hotel in Panama City

We stayed there last year with our 8 year old son, it was ok, room was very small but we didn't stay in there much. Front desk not overly friendly, our room wasn't clean when we arrived and had to wait an extra hour. Overall, it was ok, don't stay on the bottom floor though, verrrrrrrrry loud and rude teenagers party all night out there.

9. Re: Looking for a nice, kid friendly hotel in Panama City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach
Recent Conversations