We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

water temperature, panama in feb

long island, new...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
water temperature, panama in feb

wht is the water temperature in panama in feb. is it warmer in the caribbean or the pacific.

Georgia
Level Contributor
477 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: water temperature, panama in feb

PCB is in the gulf of Mexico but the water can get quite chilly in the winter time. The average water temperature in FEb. is 59 so unless you have a wetsuit it would be too cold to go in. If you headed down south maybe to Cape Coral or even further south the water would be warmer and you probably could go swimming there in Feb. The Carribean would be warm in Feb. I'm not sure about the Pacific have never been to Pacific ocean. Maybe try another forum and they could tell you.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: water temperature, panama in feb

What part of the Pacific ocean?

Florida
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: water temperature, panama in feb

COLD! The water temperatures here in SW Florida in February is too cold for me to swim in although you might think differently but Panama City it is really too cold. You will find the air temperature in PC really cool this time of year as well. By February we are in to about the coldest of temperatures. The Pacific is ALWAYS cold unless you go as far west as Hawaii. If you want the best, warmest water in February the Caribbean is it

If you have options I would head to the Caribbean or at least the Yucatan in Mexico.

indiana
Level Contributor
483 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: water temperature, panama in feb

The water in PCB is cold in April so I know it would have to be really cold in Feb.

5. Re: water temperature, panama in feb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 23:16
Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach