We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape San Blas vs Port St Joe vs St Joe Beach

2 posts
Save Topic
Cape San Blas vs Port St Joe vs St Joe Beach

we are going to be new visitors to these areas and want to know which one is the best area to stay in for a beach home rental. Looking for the prettiest water. We usually go to PCB or Destin, but want the beautiful beach without the crazy crowds and built up city. Any input would be appreciated.

2 replies to this topic
Texas
Level Contributor
123 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape San Blas vs Port St Joe vs St Joe Beach

The beautiful beaches and clear water are on Cape San Blas. Another option to look at might be Indian Pass. We just got back from our first trip to Cape San Blas (my trip report is on the Cape San Blas forum), so we've only been one time, but I did a lot of research before we went and found that Cape San Blas is thought of as the prettier beach and clear water. When are you going? There is a beach re-nourishment project going on this winter on Cape San Blas because of some erosion issues.

Opp, Alabama
Level Contributor
579 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape San Blas vs Port St Joe vs St Joe Beach

I agree, PSJ is the cutest little town, but if you want to stay on the beach, the cape is the place to go, or Mexico Beach if you'll want to go to restaurants for most meals. Looking at the area on satellite should help you get a feel for it.

Reply to: Cape San Blas vs Port St Joe vs St Joe Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Port Saint Joe