We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nosee ums

florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Nosee ums

How bad will thay be in July, They eat up my legs. It always ruins my vacation. Help

Stilwell, Kansas
Level Contributor
16 posts
151 reviews
1. Re: Nosee ums

Not bad at all most days. The issue is really just before and after sunset. Still just a a little spray usually does the trick. Stick to the beach and paths.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,719 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Nosee ums

A lot depends on the wind; even the smallest breeze will send them away- use the ceiling fan on your lanai if available. Also as noted the worst is at dusk but they can be around anytime.

Some say DEET helps so use Deep Woods Off.

Maineville, Ohio
Level Contributor
25 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: Nosee ums

Just returning from Sanibel, let me tell you something! Those no-see-ums are incredible little guys! Once bit, it leaves a bump that swells to a good size from a bug that you can barely see, and it itches for a while after. Please don't forget bug spray, use it well!

4. Re: Nosee ums

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 01:20
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island