We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mission Impossible...

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,016 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Mission Impossible...

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to help me find a 2 bedroom condo, gulf side of the street, with w/d for around $2000 ish (give or take $2-300) for two to two 1/2 weeks in March 09.

I know, the drama of it all.. No seriously, trying to arrange to meet friends in Sanibel in March and I want to spend a week with them with my kids, and then meet up with my hub for a week. So if I could find a good condo for around $4000 - 4500 for the entire time I would be so pleased. Any suggestions? I've looked at Blind Pass, Coquina Beach - but really know nothing about them.

( and be prepared: I will bombard y'all with questions about my fall trip sometime in the near future. I've given up on a possible July 4 trip, as I have injured myself - 3 herniated discs in my back :)))

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Blind Pass Beach
Blind Pass Beach
710 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
Maine
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mission Impossible...

First, I am sorry about your back- ouch! Back pain is so miserable...Second for that time period Ocean's Reach has two bedrooms between $2500-2600 depending on week. A little more than you want but very nice and with little ones pool and the beach are very close to run back and forth from (for potty breaks, etc.). They have ground floor units that you walk out the lanai to the pool or beach with no stairs. I don't know if they give any deals if you rent for more than a week but they did let me rent mid week versus Sat-Sat.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mission Impossible...

Sunny, all I can offer is advice on Coquina. I have stayed there twice, when I needed a price break. I really like the place! Some of the units are really nice, and for the price it is great. Only a few have an ocean view, but we stayed in 2 that had a pool view, and my kids especially love the place. I prefer the 2nd floor units, as they have a loft for extra sleeping, and they make the place seem extra big. I can find the exact units we stayed at if you want.

I have thought about Blind Pass, but they are so far away from the beach, it would be no different than walking across the street from a place on West gulf drive. However they do still semm really interesting, and they offer free kayaks.

Sorry about your back!

Mentioned in this post
Blind Pass Beach
Blind Pass Beach
710 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,016 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mission Impossible...

Thanks you guys. I think Coquina comes in a little less expensive than Ocean's reach, and I know there are some posters who really love the place. I hope they read this also. I'm glad you said that, McNaught - my friend has 3 kids, so the loft area may be a good idea for her. I would love to be ocean front, but it isn't a priority this trip. Though if we could get two ground floor units at Ocean's reach in bldg 1 or 4, next to each other, that might be worth the extra $$$.

Blind Pass interests me because of all the wildlife out there and there is also a playground across the street at Bowman's beach. Now i'm wondering if it is possible to ride bikes to DD from Blind Pass?

Thanks for the help - I swear, between planning these two trips and trying to meet everyone's personal and $$$ needs, I may start drinking soon...:))

Mentioned in this post
Bowman's Beach
Bowman's Beach
2,643 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
Blind Pass Beach
Blind Pass Beach
710 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
evergreen, colorado
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mission Impossible...

I wish I could help, but good luck, sunny! =)))

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,717 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mission Impossible...

You can also look at Loggerhead Cay. It's a large beachfront complex on the east end and has some relatvely bargain prices. You should be able to find something within your projected budget there. Try to find a unit not more than half way to the back as the walk can get long to the beach from the farthest points.

Mentioned in this post
Loggerhead Cay
Loggerhead Cay
161 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mission Impossible...

Unit M5 at Sanibel Arms West was open for 2 weeks [I don't think many places will do half weeks in March.] and it has the washer/dryer in the unit. Sanibel Arms had quite a few openings just off beach with pool or garden views [no streets to cross], and it's right in your price range even with tax. Take a look.

Sanibel Siesta had some Gulf view units open at $2240+tax per week, and Sandalfoot had one Gulf front and several Gulf view - again, well within your price range.

My search dates were March 7 to March 21, 2009 The week of March 21 to 28 takes a LOT of units out of play.

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,016 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mission Impossible...

Thanks everyone. You have no idea how much I appreciate your input. This is so frustrating for me, even though I love to plan vacations, to plan two at once is mind boggling.

I am going middle of March to the first sat in April. I am flexible on my start dates, trying to decide how many days I can pull my kid out of school for :))) I will look at everything you all have given me and let you know what happens....

Key Lime Pie and Blue Moon beer with orange slices for all of you.

8. Re: Mission Impossible...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 18:16