We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean's Reach thanks us:-)

Maine
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean's Reach thanks us:-)

Ocean's Reach has a thank you in their newsletter to all the TA reviewers who made them #1! So see it does matter what shows up here...just thought I'd share that our humble opinions matter:-) Maybe Cheeburger Cheeburger management will read the reviews and make some changes!

Mentioned in this post
Cheeburger Cheeburger
Cheeburger Cheeburger
1,510 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
295 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean's Reach thanks us:-)

The Seaside Inn also closely monitors the Tripadvisor site. After I filled out their survey, I got an e-mail from the owner asking me to post a review on this site. I have done so, but it just hasn't appeared yet.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean's Reach thanks us:-)

I am endlessly surprised at how various businesses respond to the existence of a place like TripAdvisor. Some don't bother at all assuming their name will carry them. Others pay very strict attention and respond to almost all reviews. [That happened to me when I reviewed the Omni MontRoyal in Montreal] And others try and 'game the system' - this seems very common with owners of mom-and-pop type places and B&B's.

Ocean's Reach owes GrandmaMac big time. She first brought the complex to our attention. Last year I went out of my way to check it out. I think the pricing is getting kind of high given the small size of the units, but their website is excellent and it's easy to rent from them.

One can only hope Cheeburger Cheeburger gets the message - though it sure doesn't seem so.

Mentioned in this post
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
Cheeburger Cheeburger
Cheeburger Cheeburger
1,510 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
Colorado
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean's Reach thanks us:-)

BTW TravelingSteve, did you wear your TA hat?

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
295 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean's Reach thanks us:-)

I wore my TripAdvisor hat when I checked into the Seaside Inn, but other than that, I didn't wear it. I have a few other hats I prefer, so I wore those. My guess is that the people at the Seaside Inn would have been as great to me as they were even if I hadn't worn that hat when checking in. I saw the staff there be really nice and accommodating to all the guests there.

5. Re: Ocean's Reach thanks us:-)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 19:17