We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Vacation this September

Which Sanibel Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Westfield, Indiana
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Family Vacation this September

We are wanting to travel to Sanibel for the first time. Really need help/suggestions on where to stay. Have looked a lot at Oceans Reach and Pointe Santo. We are a family of 4 (kids ages 3 and 5). They love looking for shells and swimming. Last year in treasure island, they loved the hot tub so preferably looking for a family condo location w/pool and hot tub. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Vacation this September

Both of those are great choices! Pointe Santo does have a hot tub, I don't think Oceans Reach has one.

In September, it is hot, and I rarely see people in the hot tub in the summer, so not sure how much you would really use it.

All of the units at Oceans Reach are beach front. Pointe Santo only the A and E buildings are, but you can see the ocean from nearly every unit throughout the complex.

Both places are very family friendly, there is a kids program at Pointe Santo that your kids might like.

The condos at PS are bigger than the ones at Oceans Reach, however OR would be plenty spacious for a family of 4.

Both have many of the same amenities, it is just a personal preference as to which one you choose,

Westfield, Indiana
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Vacation this September

So just when I think I have decided on staying at Pointe Santo, I keep seeing that the pool will be closed from Aug-Oct?? Does anyone know if this is true. This is somewhat devastating as Pointe Santo looks to have everything my family is looking for in a vacation. Any info would be appreciated!!

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Vacation this September

Can you tell me where you found that information so I can look into it? That is the first I have heard that.

Maine
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Vacation this September

It mentions it on this VRBO listing...Aug. 28 - Oct 2 .....$1375/week pool closed. Great discount!

http://tinyurl.com/2aqw5uv

I know nothing about Pointe Santo but Ocean's Reach is wonderful and so close to the beach it is amazing and very easy with two young children. They do not have a hot tub. The proximity to the beach with kids your ages would make life very easy.

Edited: 18 May 2010, 21:48
Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
444 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Vacation this September

Pine Cove on West Gulf Drive has a huge pool for the complex size and a hot tub. Here is the link to unit #303. My family and I have stayed in this unit and it is very nice. 2 bedroom w/den, 2 full baths and about 2500 sq ft, very spacious.

…instantsoftwareonline.com/StayUSA/…

if you go to my profile pictures, I have some that I took when staying at Pine Cove.

Edited: 19 May 2010, 10:00
Westfield, Indiana
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Family Vacation this September

I called and cofirmed the pool closing this morning with Pointe Santo. Disappointing, but that's life. Maybe next year we can try and stay there. Thank you to everyone for all the advice. I'm back to the drawing boards...

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family Vacation this September

The pool and spa at Pointe Santo will be closed from August 30 - October 1 for refurbishing. We are still working on obtaining a discount for guests to use the pool and facilities at the Sanibel Community Center.

We personally discounted our unit 30-40% for the weeks that the pool is closed so I am sure those looking around who don't have a need for the pool will find a bargain during the closure.

8. Re: Family Vacation this September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2010, 00:16