We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants / Attractions

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants / Attractions

Good day,

My soon-to-be wife and I will be staying at Water Color for our honeymoon, and would like to know of a couple of really good restaurants around the resort, besides the Fish Out of Water, more of the Mom & Pop variety, as I love these type of restaurants.

Also, as this is my first time down in the Santa Rosa area, is there Putt-Putt, live music, etc...around the area?

Thank you in advance.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
170 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants / Attractions

Seaside has a number of nice restaurants, which will be probably within walking distance of your condo in Watercolor. The Great Southern Cafe gets good reviews, Bud and Alley's is also popular there as well. We have had good experiences at Bayou Bill's on hwy 98 in Santa Rosa Beach if you're wanting seafood.

All in all, the Santa Rosa Beach/Watercolor/Seaside area is pretty laid back and doesn't have the tourist attractions that you find in Destin and PCB. So, no putt-putt around there...but you can drive to PCB for that if you want. As far as life music goes, Grayton Beach is worth checking out...Red Bar is always popular as is Shorty's Surfside and Topside.

Enjoy your honeymoon! This area of Florida is a great place to just relax.

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
571 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants / Attractions

Stinkys Fish Camp is a very popular restaurant with my favorite food in the area. Marie's bistro has the best key lime pie and very good food. Seagrove Market cafe is a mom n pop type fried seafood place. Nicks on the beach has really good fried shriml and super friendly service. I also like Pizza bar.

Emmaus, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants / Attractions

Make sure to visit the sowal site before going. It is THE authority on everything for that area. http://sowal.com/bb/forum.php?

Emmaus, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants / Attractions

For breakfasts, check out Another Broken Egg and Hibiscus

Cafe. Both are in Grayton. We also never miss a stop at the Donut Hole in Destin.

5. Re: Restaurants / Attractions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2013, 02:16
Get answers to your questions about Santa Rosa Beach