We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather and water temp expectations

Which Siesta Key hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Asheboro, NC
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather and water temp expectations

We are headed to Siesta Key next week (March 12th) and was wondering what to expect with weather and water temp. Is swimming an option or is the water too cold this time of the year?

Lisa

PA
Level Contributor
638 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather and water temp expectations

You can check this website for current conditions.

www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php…

It's for Clearwater, but if you click on the map you can also check the Venice Beach one. Right now, it's likely too cold for swimming, but since the temperatures are likely to be close to 80°F next week, the water temperature may be warm enough for a quick dip.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather and water temp expectations

Just returned from the beach and although the air temperature was 77 it was chilly because of clouds hiding the sun. The water temperature this a.m. was 65 and as far as I am concerned that is way too cold to swim. No one at the beach was in water over their knees although there were some young kids out tubing in the Gulf. Evenings are going to be cool so bring a wrap.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,544 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather and water temp expectations

Water is too cold for me but the weather is supposed to be in the high 70s and 80 next week...priceless!

~SRQgirl

Ohio
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather and water temp expectations

what are the ave water temps for late april - mid may in siesta key / lido key? Thanks

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,544 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather and water temp expectations

Water temp in later April/early May is warm enough for swimming.

You can google "Siesta Key FL Gulf temperature" and get a chart.

~SRQgirl

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
55 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather and water temp expectations

I was just there the week of 3/16/09, the gulf was warm enough to go in, but not real warm, but from what I understand, it's even warmer this week and should be great by April.

7. Re: Weather and water temp expectations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 17:19