We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Post Tropical Storm Debby Situation

Which Siesta Key hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gainesville
Level Contributor
4 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Post Tropical Storm Debby Situation

I have hotel reservations for this weekend, June 30th, how are things there locally? Is the ocean as pretty as i normally is or is it churned up pretty bad at this point? I live in FL and my reservations are refundable so prefer to post pone if Siesta Key isn't herself yet. Anyone?

ohio
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Post Tropical Storm Debby Situation

I'm not down there now... I'm heading there the beginning of August. From the looks of the utube videos and the news, Siesta Key is definitely flooded. I don't know how long the clean up will take. Maybe the chamber of commerce would have some answers for you. Please post if you find out anything...

Siesta Key, Florida
Destination Expert
for Siesta Key
Level Contributor
979 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Post Tropical Storm Debby Situation

We are not flooded any longer, yes - still some puddles but not under water, everyone is cleaning up and we are drying out. No major rain in the forecast, winds have died down so Gulf should be clearing. Lots of people on the beach.

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
204 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Post Tropical Storm Debby Situation

Thats great news.

Amazing how one day things look horrible, in just a few days its sunny and SK again.....

thanks for the update, due to arrive in a week.

Gainesville
Level Contributor
4 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Post Tropical Storm Debby Situation

Thanks so much! Found this handy live webcam http://www.seesarasotalive.com/siesta-key and watched the beach fillup all day, we are definitely coming, glad things are returning to normal.

5. Re: Post Tropical Storm Debby Situation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2013, 00:46