We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging between Tallahasse and Gainesville

Beebe, Arkansas
Level Contributor
77 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging between Tallahasse and Gainesville

We are traveling to Sanibel Island and need to have a stop over on the way down. Route is I-10 to I-75. We would like to get east of Tallahasee the first day instead of stopping in Tallahasse. We don't want to stay in Gainesville. Any suggestions - what towns would have lodging?

Level Contributor
128 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging between Tallahasse and Gainesville

There is a Holiday Inn Express in Madison Fl...an hour east of Tallahassee...on I-10, and also one in Live Oak, FL...on I-10 about an hour and a half east of Tallahassee.

Next best bet would be on I-75 at Lake City FL...just north of Gainesville.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging between Tallahasse and Gainesville

Take your pick ... every exit off I-10 or I-75 would most likely have several choices of hotels right off the exit. If you're worried about safety, just pick a well lit location - and most are well lit. We do an annual trek from Florida to Texas and have no qualms whatsoever stopping at a hotel just off an exit.

To get an idea of what is available at the exits, go to www.roomsaver.com or to www.travelcoupons.com.

These websites list walkup rates, so if you prefer to make a reservation, the rate will be higher. The first one has a booklet that is available at all Dennys and both can be found at the Welcome Centers as you cross a state line. Oh, I recently found the second one at a Bob Evans restaurant.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
16,261 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging between Tallahasse and Gainesville

McDonalds usually have the travel discount books too. I don't think you will find an abundance of hotels between Tallahasse & I-75 but there are a few. There are quite a few hotels on the north side of Tallahass on Capitol Circle just off I-10 if you decide to stop earlier.

4. Re: Lodging between Tallahasse and Gainesville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 09:16