We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a pet friendly hotel that won't break me

louisiana
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Need a pet friendly hotel that won't break me

Hi,

This forum seems to have lots of helpful info. We are heading to FSU to check out the grad program on Monday & bringing along the "granddog". There seems to be few choices that are under $100 a night. Here's what we found- Days Inn Talla. South, Microtel, Rodeway Inn, Sleep Inn & Econolodge N. Any thoughts on these? We'd appreciate any advice. We don't expect a 5 star on the budget of a 2 star but we would like clean & safe.

Also any info on the best of Tallahassee for a possible grad student would be appreciated. She is trying to decide between Philadelphia & here. She isn't into the bar scene but likes coffee houses, theatre, vintage stuff, etc,

Thanks for any help!

Tallahassee
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Need a pet friendly hotel that won't break me

I would probably go with the Sleep Inn (it is only a couple of years old) or the Econolodge. Microtel is not far from Econolodge and is convenient to I-10. Generally speaking the south side of Tally has a higher crime rate than the north side so you might want to go somewhere other than the Days Inn.

louisiana
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Need a pet friendly hotel that won't break me

Thanks for your advice Suma. We wound up staying at the Suburban Extended Stay off John Knox. It was a last minute decision because they were one of the few places that would let us have the dog in a room that was non-smoking. For some weird reason most other places insisted on putting us in a smoking room. My daughter has asthma so the smoking room was out for us.

The room was clean & quiet. The staff there could not have been nicer & even though it was budget we didn't feel unsafe or that we would be staying in a "dive". If I wasn't with the dog I probably would stay someplace a bit nicer but this worked for us in this situation.

3. Re: Need a pet friendly hotel that won't break me

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about Tallahassee