We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biking around Tallahassee

Hogwarts
1 post
Save Topic
Biking around Tallahassee

Hello,

Is transportation via a bike possible in this city?

I am looking to move to Tallahassee for graduate school this Fall. I have been trying to track down a place in the N/NW area of Tallahassee where it would be away from the "undergrad scene" but bike-able. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Out Of State

Tallahassee
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Biking around Tallahassee

Yes. Tallahassee is bikeable for the most part. My son lives in a condo on Hartsfield Rd. (mix of students and young professionals) and rides regularly. He does not, however, ride to class. I don't think it is that he couldn't ride. I think he just prefers to drive to class.

If you want to live north of campus and a little removed from the undergrad scene, the Hartsfield Rd./Mission Rd. area is a good place to start looking.

Can you be a little more specific about what you are looking for. Do you plan to live by yourself? What is your housing budget?

If you look at old posts on this forum, you will probably find some helpful information.

2. Re: Biking around Tallahassee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 15:19
Get answers to your questions about Tallahassee