We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spinning Classes?

Lighthouse Point...
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Spinning Classes?

I will be visitng Tallahassee for several weekends in the coming months and would like to find a place to take spinning classes and just pay by the class. I do not want to join a gym. Close to FSU campus would be my first location choice but I will travel within city limits,if neccessary. Thanks!

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Spinning Classes?

The local YMCA would be a good place to check.

Lighthouse Point...
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spinning Classes?

Thanks--I will start by giving them a call.

Tallahassee
Level Contributor
128 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spinning Classes?

There is a Gold's Gym near campus (Pensacola St) but they do NOT offer spinning classes

The Gold's Gym on Capital Circle NE offers a spinning class for a $2 fee for non members. Their number is (850) 385-9712

The Leach Student Recreation Center on FSU's campus will let you work out IF you have an FSU faculty person or a student sponsor you. Otherwise, this great facility is not available to the general public. They offer spinning. They are doing some remodeling in Aug. so call for availability.

Lighthouse Point...
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spinning Classes?

Great info--my place is closest to the Gold's on Pensacola (darn it!) but the other one is only about 10 minutes away so I will check it's schedule.

As for the Leach I am a 2 minute walk away and have a daughter at FSU but she would not be available to attend the spin classes with me so I may not be eligible. I'll have her check on it for me.

Are there any independent spin studios in the city?

Tallahassee
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spinning Classes?

There are no spin studios that I know of. But a number of gyms offer spin classes. Of course, then you have the membership issue...Here is a link to the three local YMCAs. You can get location and class schedules here.

http://www.capitalregionymca.org/index.htm

Lighthouse Point...
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spinning Classes?

Thanks--I'll check out the link.

7. Re: Spinning Classes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Tallahassee