We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panacea

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Panacea

About ten years ago I travelled with some family friends to a beach house about 45 min to an hour outside of Tallahassee and I believe(but not sure) that it may have been Panacea. I would like to return and stay in a rental for my 1 year wedding anniversary but am having trouble finding rentals. does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, I am not 100% sure if it was Panacea but I think alligator point sounds familiar and was nearby and we travelled to seaside and took about a 2 hour drive to Panama city. If anyone has any ideas that would be great. The house was on the beach, it was all residential on the beach and had a lovely closed patio with beds on it. I remember that although it was on the water, the atmosphere was very forest like.

I would really appreciate any help, I would love to take my husband there.

Tallahassee
Level Contributor
128 posts
87 reviews
1. Re: Panacea

Several possibilities here...

45 min. south of Tallahassee, forest like, sounds like St. Teresa Beach...but I don't think there are any rentals at St. Teresa.

Alligator Point is across the bay from St. Teresa's, but no forest there. Rentals are few, but available.

Panacea is further down past both these places and the only rentals I have seen there are mostly for fishermen...but it is a wooded area.

Past Panacea...you get to St. George Island...best beaches in the area...then on to Panama City Beach...

So, if you want to return for sentimental reasons, I guess we need a little more information. If you want to go experience the most beautiful beaches, you need to look at SGI, Cape San Blas,or PCB, about 2 hrs away from Tallahassee.

Further past PCB, you have dozens of beautiful beaches to choose from...South Walton Beaches , Destin, etc.

Keep us informed...

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Panacea

Now that I am looking at the pictures of St. Theresa I think you may be right! Thank you for your help

Tallahassee
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Panacea

I found a couple of rentals available in St. Teresa but there really isn't much to choose from.

http://www.vrbo.com/31705

www.beachview.com/beach_house_for_lease.htm

vacationhomerentals.com/vacation-rentals/St-…

I agree with Mark. Cape San Blas and St. George have much nicer beaches. However, St. Teresa certainly has charm and is lovely in it's own way.

What ever you decide on, have a great time!

Florida
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
4. Re: Panacea

could it have been shell point?

5. Re: Panacea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Tallahassee