We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

disney's vero beach resort

Which Vero Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Burlington, Canada
6 posts
Save Topic
disney's vero beach resort

Are there any grocery stores nearby? Also, are there computers in the rooms with high speed internet access, or do you need to take along a laptop? Thanks

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,350 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: disney's vero beach resort

I haven't been over there since before the hurricanes, but there was not much in the area. If I remember, you had to drive into Sebestian to go to Publix. Things may have changed in recent years though.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,374 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: disney's vero beach resort

There is a small store at Wabasso Beach but it's not really a grocery store. There is a Publix across the causeway: store.publix.com/publix/cgi/selection…

If that link does not work just go to www.publix.com and click on store locater. Vero Beach also has several grocery stores, Publix, Winn Dixie, Fresh Foods. There used to be a small market on the north end of Vero Beach just past Jaycee Park. If you are driving in from Orlando and are coming across Rt 60 there is a Publix and a Super Wal-Mart near the Indian River Mall. However you may be taking the exit at County Rd 512 which will bring you past Publix And Winn Dixie.

Sorry I can't help with what is in the rooms at Disneys Resort as have only had lunch there. It is in an isolated area, mostly residential / condo's around there. You will have to drive into Vero Beach or Sebastian for most everything.

Burlington, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: disney's vero beach resort

Thank you so much, this certainly helps, can't wait for our week

there, leaving on August 14 for a week. I hope the weather is good.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: disney's vero beach resort

Driving south, toward Vero, there's a small, upscale grocery store as well as a drug store. More shopping (Publix, Fresh Market, Panera, Cheese Cave, ABC Liquors) are on the mainland, just off State Road 60. Winn Dixie still has one store in Vero, but it's out of the way.

You can also drive toward Sebastian, with its Walmart.

I'd call the hotel about amenities (or check the website), but my best guess is that you should bring a laptop. Certainly useful for checking the National Weather Service radar.

For what it's worth, loggerhead sea turtles are having an excellent nesting season.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,374 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: disney's vero beach resort

Yes we have see a lot of turtle coming up to lay eggs on South Melbourne Beach. Tons of nests. Some hatchings coming out already too.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: disney's vero beach resort

A few hatchlings were coming out and making their way into the water this evening.

Tropical Storm Bonnie was producing nothing more than sloppy 3' surf.

Sunny Florida
Level Contributor
85 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: disney's vero beach resort

Been to this resort many times. No computer in the rooms, but there is high speed and wireless available. We are only a few hours drive from here, so we grocery shop before we leave.

On our visit 2 weekends back, we saw a turtle come ashore around 9pm and climb all the way to the top of the hill. I'm amazed it was able to make it. We also rented a kayak and paddled out to where they were swimming off shore. It was quite a site, and there were tons of them...

Burlington, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: disney's vero beach resort

Thank you so much for all the iniformation, its much appreciated. We are looking forward to our trip.

9. Re: disney's vero beach resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2011, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Vero Beach