We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flammini's closed??!!

Crestwood, KY
Level Contributor
12 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Flammini's closed??!!

I read that Flammini's Italian Cafe closed a while back....the few times we ate there while passing through Dalton was a welcome departure from the mundane chain restaurants that one often encounters while traveling. Anyone know why it closed?

northwest Georgia
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flammini's closed??!!

I don't know why it closed but now it is a Mexican restaurant and

has been painted chartruse & yellow. Dalton is in need of some

good restaurants other than fast food.

The next time you come to Dalton & if you are there at lunch time,

go downtown to The Filling Station, 316 N. Hamilton St. This is

locally owned and is a wonderful Southern buffet. The price includes all you can eat, drink & dessert. The bad part is they are

only open M-F for lunch.

Enjoy!

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,813 posts
1,350 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flammini's closed??!!

i'm glad the oakwood reopened. it's a classic mainstay. dalton's restaurant offering has always been sketchy even including the chains. i still miss the old u.s cafe's fried green tomatoes downtown on hamilton street. now that was good groceries!!!! known form coast to coast their match books featured a list of cites and the approx. mileage from dalton there. gone but not forgotten.

NW Ga
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flammini's closed??!!

Another vote for the Filling Station. Amazingly good lunch.

Dalton, GA
Level Contributor
129 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flammini's closed??!!

I think it was just not getting enough patronage. You can get carry out from the Filling Station if you miss lunch, I think from 4-6. I can't think of any other non-franchises that I would recommend other than the Filling Station and Oakwood Cafe. Perhaps Pentz Street Station, but that is just for coffee and baked goods. Los Reyes is a treat for the eyes, but since I've eaten at Taqueria Jalepeno in Chattanooga, the food seems dull.

Dalton, Georgia
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Flammini's closed??!!

Hello KYMister,

Flammini's closed because the owner/head chef of Flamminis was in finacial trouble, he was not getting enough business to stay afloat.

The food was great and was a traditional italian restaurant, but I think it was too pricey for the locals of Dalton. Olive Garden was only 20 minutes away in Chattanooga, I believe people drove there for italian food.

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flammini's closed??!!

Hmm. Interesting post about Dalton and the price of food. There are plenty of people who can afford to eat out in Dalton. There are many millionaires in the carpet industry. It is too bad there are not really good restaurants in the area. I've often wondered about this perplexing problem.

Georgia
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flammini's closed??!!

Next time you are in Dalton try the Dalton Depot. Great food and price. The staff is excellent and it is in the train depot from the Civil War....

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,813 posts
1,350 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flammini's closed??!!

so it's in the basement of the old hotel dalton right near where the great locomotive chase came though town on the way to finally stopping up in ringgold. bradlly's drug store used to occupy the bottom floor of the old hotel and they had a great chili dog! before that i think it used to be brandly and bandy. smack dab downtown dalton across from the joseph e. johnston staue.

Georgia
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flammini's closed??!!

Flammini's has closed I am sorry to say... Next time you go through Dalton try the Dalton Depot... another great local restaurant. There is a lot of history there and the food is great. Most of the Hotels will have a 15% off card the will be glad to give you, if not you can always get one at America's Best Inn and Exit 333 on I-75. We always stay there and they always have the cards.... Try the Depot I am sure you will love it as we do!

10. Re: Flammini's closed??!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Dalton
More Dalton Topics