We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the green spot

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,813 posts
1,353 reviews
Save Topic
the green spot

this store may be the best mom an pop market in the usa. the meat market will qualify as outstanding in any event. long before cowboy and ted began cutting meat marvin green took care of customers in no uncertain terms, exceedingly well too! produce is fresh, handsomely displayed and bargain priced. they have almost everything and the store is arranged so staples are all easy to find, and easily accessible. rib eye steaks are glorious, hand cut, hand selected and trimmed and worth their weight in gold. shaved ham is bountifully available and tasty beyond expectations. friendly service, clean inviting shop, and fair pricing make the green spot a welcome palce to shop. been the same way for 40 years too! if you are in the area stop by for evan a candy bar or a coke and see the difference between the green spot and the chain stores. i gurantee you'll come home convinced in the difference. i wish i had a couple of green spot rib eyes and the fire was lit now.

northwest Georgia
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: the green spot

bbqman,

I just wonder how you have time to get around and

visit all the places you do!!

Once again, you are right on. The meat department is

fabulous - hand cut and wrapped in white butcher paper. That steak and those thick pork chops!!!

Address: 307 Emery St., downtown Dalton.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
380 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: the green spot

Great info thanks,bbqman!

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,813 posts
1,353 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: the green spot

years ago back when they had charge accounts i was always broke by thursday, yet i always had a fat boy 22 oz. ribeye steak for supper just by signing my name. i'll never forget the green spot for that feature alone. thank you marvin green!

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,813 posts
1,353 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: the green spot

the green spot always had the best shaved ham too. it would make the very best sandwich.

5. Re: the green spot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Dalton
More Dalton Topics