We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free hotel shuttle

Alamo, Texas
Level Contributor
144 posts
64 reviews
Free hotel shuttle

I stayed at the Days Inn, and am very happy with the motel.

There is a shuttle bus that goes around the area, mostly to downtown and the major hotels and popular restaurants.

Wasn't on schedule.

The driver I had last night, Debbie, was great! She took me downtown, and showed me the area and the sites, and told me about neat events going on this week.

I wanted off downtown, so after a drive around on the bus, she dropped me off. She told me about Planet of the Grapes, which wasn't listed anywhere on traveladvisor. I enjoyed the Joseph Johnston statue, went to Planet of the Grapes, and the Dalton Depot.

I had such fun at the Depot that it was too late to use the last shuttle run. My guy picked me up, or one could call a taxi.

She gave me her phone number, so if I needed a pick-up time that evening, she'd just come pick me up.

I was the only one on the shuttle, and I guess it's not very busy. As such, Debbie implied she could take me to off the regular route to someplace. Of course, I'd tip her.

Great free service for those stuck in a motel without a car!

1. Re: Free hotel shuttle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2009, 02:22
Get answers to your questions about Dalton
More Dalton Topics