We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury cabin Mountain Creek Luxury Hideaway

baton rouge
Level Contributor
57 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury cabin Mountain Creek Luxury Hideaway

Hello we will be renting this cabin in May and they say it is Ellijay,but doing detective woork it seems it is in Talking Rock,Ga in Mountain Creek Hollow. Has anyone stayed there,also has anyone been in this cabin. Is it secluded. How are the views and is this a good area.Hoe far is this from Blue Ridge. Is there a grocery store in Talking Rock to pick up supplies we will need for the week. Any info would be helpful. Are the houses close in Mountain Creek Hollow?

Mentioned in this post
Ellijay
Ellijay
Gilmer County, GA
Canton, Georgia
Level Contributor
6 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury cabin Mountain Creek Luxury Hideaway

Hello. Talking rock is not close to blue ridge, talking rock is closer to jasper. There is little to do in talking rock.

I suggest a stay in cherry log or blue ridge with much more activities and restaurants.

baton rouge
Level Contributor
57 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury cabin Mountain Creek Luxury Hideaway

Thanks so much for your reply. We like this cabin/house because it looks very pretty,but we also want good views. We need a relaxing vacation and my whole family will be there. Is the drive to Blue Ridge longer than 30 minutes,would love to do the train ride there.We normally just enjoy each others company.

Mentioned in this post
Ellijay, Georgia
Level Contributor
17 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury cabin Mountain Creek Luxury Hideaway

The cabin is located just ten minutes from the main areas in Ellijay and a very nice Ingles grocery store( In Ellijay ). From the cabin location you should be in Blue Ridge in 30 minutes and Ellijay in 10. Beautiful cabin with peaceful views and surroundings. I hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Ellijay
Ellijay
Gilmer County, GA
baton rouge
Level Contributor
57 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury cabin Mountain Creek Luxury Hideaway

what would you suggest we do while in the area? The lady at the rental agency said we could fish,but it looks like it is catch and release. Thanks so much for comments on the house. Is it close to other houses or kind of secluded.. My friend said Blue Ridge is the place to be,so we are kinda nervous because we have never visited the area before. We are looking forward to having a great time and hope that in May it is not too hot.

Mentioned in this post
Georgia
Level Contributor
3,097 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury cabin Mountain Creek Luxury Hideaway

I just wrote a lengthy reply that somehow got eaten. So the skinny is: I don't know these cabins, so can't say.

Ellijay is 15 miles up the highway. Blue Ridge is 30. You should definitely plan to visit Amicalola Falls, it's a fairly short drive on 136 east from Talking Rock. Dahlonega, Blairsville and Helen are other towns worth a visit in addition to Blue Ridge and Ellijay. Take a look at a map, lots of great driving loops all around between the towns mentioned.

Jasper is the closest civilization to Talking Rock, probably 5 miles away. There are mountains around you, whether the cabin offers a view is another thing.

Hope this helps, just google, google map or google earth the places mentioned.

Mentioned in this post
Ellijay
Ellijay
Gilmer County, GA
Dahlonega
Dahlonega
Georgia
Helen
Helen
Georgia
baton rouge
Level Contributor
57 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury cabin Mountain Creek Luxury Hideaway

Thanks a lot everyone for the input. Now the rest of my family is thinking of coming and trying to do a family reunion.They will be renting different cabins-thank goodness.Maybe we should just go to the beach as usual.Our other family is going with cabinrentalsofga. they looked at Cadence Ridge-anyone stayed there. Maybe I should just suck it up and get something that sleeps 22 people.lol.

Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxury cabin Mountain Creek Luxury Hideaway

According to the listing seems very nice. I have used blue sky before no hassles. Easy check in. It states it has stunning mtn views...trust me it will. All of the areas are so stunning out there. Most of the cabins are semi if not all secluded. Or in a cabin community on top of mountain. Still most all have ample enough privacy...personally knowing that someone is around makes a necessity for me...im a big baby. Most if u have a neighbor near will be vacant....few year round families live in the beautiful tourist trAps. They are either empty homes waiting on the Florida owners to do there yearly visit.or they are vacation home. You will have a lovely time. Cute little shops in blueridge. Andthere is a major iinterstate that turns into hwy 75s which goes from Atlanta to Chattanooga. Tn that goes through jasper, Ellijay, and blueridge. Have fun. Questions ask away.

edgelong

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Chattanooga
Chattanooga
Tennessee
Ellijay
Ellijay
Gilmer County, GA
8. Re: Luxury cabin Mountain Creek Luxury Hideaway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2015, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about Ellijay
More Ellijay Topics