We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ellijay and blue ridge ga

Melbourne, Florida
10 posts
Save Topic
Ellijay and blue ridge ga

Will be staying in Ellijay area December 28 thru new years day. We will be taking our 4 year old granddaughter with us....Any suggestions on what to do.....will Christmas decorations still be up..thanks jackie

Mentioned in this post
Ellijay
Ellijay
Gilmer County, GA
Fernandina Beach FL
Destination Expert
for Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ellijay and blue ridge ga

jfrankie, I will try to offer some suggestions. I suspect that most retailers and places will still have their Christmas decorations up through New Years. Suggestions for activities include: visit to Colonel Poole's BBQ and request a pig be placed in your granddaughters name. Money goes to an orphanage in Brazil. Take a train trip on the Blue Ridge Scenic Railroad (http://brscenic.com/).

Mentioned in this post
Poole's BBQ
Poole's BBQ
253 Reviews
Ellijay, GA
Jemison, Alabama
Level Contributor
1 post
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ellijay and blue ridge ga

Traveling with a 4 year old can be challenging. Christmas decorations and lights should be up through New Year's. In the Blue Ridge, I would recommend stopping by Blue Ridge Scenic Railroad and the Sweet Shoppe. The downtown Blue Ridge Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring a Christmas window decorating contest so that should add an extra level of creativity. On December 31 there will be a New Year's Eve train which should be fun for all. In Ellijay, Panorama Orchards is my favorite apple house at Christmas time.

I hope you enjoy your visit to our area this Christmas and I hope you'll be back many more times!!

Mentioned in this post
The Sweet Shoppe
The Sweet Shoppe
400 Reviews
Blue Ridge, GA
Ellijay
Ellijay
Gilmer County, GA
3. Re: Ellijay and blue ridge ga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2016, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Ellijay
More Ellijay Topics